SAU Community

Wtb: R34 Gt-R V-Spec 2

HIRISK

Hi All,

I am on the hunt for a nice 34 GTR V-Spec II.

I am looking to buy at the end September, so want to get the searching on the go now.

I am not financing the purchase, so it is condition free other than waiting till the end of September (but I will put a deposit to hold the right car)

Budget around $65k, probably no higher, but maybe if the car is right.

My preference is Bayside Blue, but would definitely consider another colour if the car was right.

• accident free
  • well taken care of & in excellent condition

Please PM me or email me at [email protected] or call me on 0402 083 611.

I am in Victoria but am prepared to travel for the right car.

Cheers,

Shaun.

Edited by HIRISK

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaun I think your budget is realistic but you'll be limited to buying locally (as in from Australia). The price for V-spec IIs in Japan has gone up considerably now given their relative rarity, high demand, and the terrible AUD to yen exchange rate (which alone would've had you paying ~30% less only a few years ago).

you wont find an immac vspec 2 in blue fir that much (orig km, accident free, no tears in interior)

maybe in white but not blue, your around 60 for a blue vspec 1 with all the goodies

I did not say I wanted an immaculate low K VS2.

I am aware that a VS2 with low K's in immaculate condition is going to be more than $65k.

But I am still confident I can find a well looked after VS2 for this money.

A black one just sold in WA for $63k which was very clean and had 45,000 K's

A blue one just sold a few weeks ago in TAS for $62k which was very clean and had 55,000 K's

Shaun I think your budget is realistic but you'll be limited to buying locally (as in from Australia). The price for V-spec IIs in Japan has gone up considerably now given their relative rarity, high demand, and the terrible AUD to yen exchange rate (which alone would've had you paying ~30% less only a few years ago).

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that I have more luck locally, so I will have to be patient and keep my eyes open.

I have noticed the prices in Japan holding firm. Most of the dealerships are selling them from anywhere around Y4.5m and up.

I am still confident that if I can't find one locally I will find one through the jap auctions for the money I am looking at, but it may take a while for the right car at the right price to show up.

Edited by HIRISK

^^ This. Local car market has slumped price wise whilst the Japanese has risen.

Too many R34 GTR owners throwing dreamer amounts on what their stock car is worth. Ditch the vspec 2, buy your self a nice vspec with modifications in the 330 - 400kw bracket for 48-55k and enjoy the left over money and having a vehicle that is actually fun. Stock powered GTR's are rather boring :whistling:

That black one in wa is not a vs2 its just a vs

Mate, sure looks like a VS2...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/406802-black-r34-gtr-vspec-ii/

http://www.carsales....tock&sort=Price

Unless he has gone and bought a full VS2 interior and Carbon hood etc, it is a VS2.

Edited by HIRISK

^^ This. Local car market has slumped price wise whilst the Japanese has risen.

Too many R34 GTR owners throwing dreamer amounts on what their stock car is worth. Ditch the vspec 2, buy your self a nice vspec with modifications in the 330 - 400kw bracket for 48-55k and enjoy the left over money and having a vehicle that is actually fun. Stock powered GTR's are rather boring :whistling:

Totally agree,

I have been watching Carsales for a few months now and the prices are definitely starting to drop and, yes, people are asking some crazy money

Mate, sure looks like a VS2... http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/406802-black-r34-gtr-vspec-ii/ http://www.carsales....tock&sort=Price Unless he has gone and bought a full VS2 interior and Carbon hood etc, it is a VS2.

thanks mate, it is a genuine Vspec II.

I would have happily taken your 65k if you had asked earlier lol

thanks mate, it is a genuine Vspec II.

I would have happily taken your 65k if you had asked earlier lol

Mate, I was soooo tempted to contact you but wanted to hold off for BB.

Now I am thinking that was not a good idea.

Hmmm, pearl black.

Edited by HIRISK

When I sold my BsB VS2, it was a reasonable price at the time for a mint low Km specimen. 'twas about this time last year.

It seems to have appreciated now like a few other models.

This is why I really am thinking I should stick with getting a VS2 instead of just a VS, I think the VS2 will hold its value better and for longer.

I know I could get a more highly modified VS, but I think for me a less modified VS2 is where my money should go.

I tell you, I am super tempted with this VS2 N1...

http://www.global-auto.ne.jp/stock/public_stock_detail.php?entry=0206.dat&model=BNR34

About $66,000 landed and complied.

Shaun I was on the hunt for a Bayside Blue VS2 for over a year but limited myslef to only looking in Aus (hence why it took me so long). I flew all over Australia until I finally found the perfect one at a reasonable price. Roughly speaking, expect to pay between 53-62k for a clean bayside blue VS2 with some modifications, paperwork and logbooks. Dont listen to anyone who tells you a stock or lightly modified 1999 V-spec is worth more than 50k. They're dreaming. The market is flooded with them as it is with base model GTRs, and if you've been watching the market as closely as I have for the past 16 months you'll know that they're going for peanuts in comparison to later model VS2s in good condition. If on the other hand you choose to import, as you said, current going rate in Japan in >4,500,000 yen which after all duties, compliance, transport and everything is paid, will be on road for close to $70,000 AUD. PM if you need any info - I have plenty

Dont listen to anyone who tells you a stock or lightly modified 1999 V-spec is worth more than 50k. They're dreaming. The market is flooded with them as it is with base model GTRs, and if you've been watching the market as closely as I have for the past 16 months you'll know that they're going for peanuts in comparison to later model VS2s in good condition.

Would have to disagree with this mate.

Proper immaculate genuine low km examples will sell for a premium (no matter base model or vs 1), as there are very few of these available on the market anywhere.

Would have to agree there are plenty of examples going for peanuts, but thats because we are getting so many huge km, crashed or rusted examples lately in the aud v yen slum that the importers are trying to maintain old prices by bringing over worse examples.. It really is damaging the 34r market, as people see it as the norm, which is driving down local prices. Some bargains are definitely out there though, as good examples are being forced to lower prices to compete... Sad really.

And yea, later models definitely hold there value better.

Just my thoughts anyways, and best of luck with your search mate.

This is why I really am thinking I should stick with getting a VS2 instead of just a VS, I think the VS2 will hold its value better and for longer.

I know I could get a more highly modified VS, but I think for me a less modified VS2 is where my money should go.

I tell you, I am super tempted with this VS2 N1...

http://www.global-auto.ne.jp/stock/public_stock_detail.php?entry=0206.dat&model=BNR34

About $66,000 landed and complied.

You've been PMd