SAU Community

Wtb: R34 Gt-R V-Spec 2

HIRISK

i just got a vs2 in from japan (it's being complianced now). my original budget was $65K, but it will probably cost a little over $70K.

I had a vs2 inspected over east that turned out to have had welding done to the chassis rails, and rang up about another one on carsales but wasn't satisfied that the seller was trustworthy...

i reckon there was only about 3 or 4 stock vs2's at auction in japan in the 4 months i was looking for one.

anyway good luck with your search!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have to agree there are plenty of examples going for peanuts, but thats because we are getting so many huge km, crashed or rusted examples lately in the aud v yen slum that the importers are trying to maintain old prices by bringing over worse examples.. It really is damaging the 34r market, as people see it as the norm, which is driving down local prices. Some bargains are definitely out there though, as good examples are being forced to lower prices to compete... Sad really.

^ This guy. He knows.

Shaun I was on the hunt for a Bayside Blue VS2 for over a year but limited myslef to only looking in Aus (hence why it took me so long). I flew all over Australia until I finally found the perfect one at a reasonable price. Roughly speaking, expect to pay between 53-62k for a clean bayside blue VS2 with some modifications, paperwork and logbooks. Dont listen to anyone who tells you a stock or lightly modified 1999 V-spec is worth more than 50k. They're dreaming. The market is flooded with them as it is with base model GTRs, and if you've been watching the market as closely as I have for the past 16 months you'll know that they're going for peanuts in comparison to later model VS2s in good condition. If on the other hand you choose to import, as you said, current going rate in Japan in >4,500,000 yen which after all duties, compliance, transport and everything is paid, will be on road for close to $70,000 AUD. PM if you need any info - I have plenty

Fark, sounds like, based on yours and others feedback, that I could be waiting a while. I think I am going to have to be a more flexible on colour.

And thanks for the PM offer.

You've been PMd

No dramas.

i just got a vs2 in from japan (it's being complianced now). my original budget was $65K, but it will probably cost a little over $70K.

I had a vs2 inspected over east that turned out to have had welding done to the chassis rails, and rang up about another one on carsales but wasn't satisfied that the seller was trustworthy...

i reckon there was only about 3 or 4 stock vs2's at auction in japan in the 4 months i was looking for one.

anyway good luck with your search!

I am not going to be able to go that high with the $$$ so may have to wait a while to get th right car locally. Your right too on the number of cars going through auction, not many at all.

may i suggest - Nice 2000 plus year V-Spec and add Naca Duct bonnet + VS2 Badge from justjap. use the rest of cash to go on a holiday. :yes:

For me, that would be like putting a Chevy badge on a Commonwhore :)

I really like the black interior.

Would have to disagree with this mate.

Proper immaculate genuine low km examples will sell for a premium (no matter base model or vs 1), as there are very few of these available on the market anywhere.

Would have to agree there are plenty of examples going for peanuts, but thats because we are getting so many huge km, crashed or rusted examples lately in the aud v yen slum that the importers are trying to maintain old prices by bringing over worse examples.. It really is damaging the 34r market, as people see it as the norm, which is driving down local prices. Some bargains are definitely out there though, as good examples are being forced to lower prices to compete... Sad really.

And yea, later models definitely hold there value better.

Just my thoughts anyways, and best of luck with your search mate.

Anthony, like I said the other day, your car really is a stunner and it looks well taken care of so please dont take any offence to this, but I really think it'd be a hard bargain to find someone willing to pay over 50k for a 99 gtr with little money spent on it (I'm not referring to yours :) ). If it had had a lot of money spent on parts then yes, this may be a realistic asking price but otherwise I dont think it would be. I have been watching the 34 GTR market for the last five years on and off and more closely in the last year and half, and these are just the patterns I've observed in my humble opinion.

Anthony, like I said the other day, your car really is a stunner and it looks well taken care of so please dont take any offence to this, but I really think it'd be a hard bargain to find someone willing to pay over 50k for a 99 gtr with little money spent on it (I'm not referring to yours :) ). If it had had a lot of money spent on parts then yes, this may be a realistic asking price but otherwise I dont think it would be. I have been watching the 34 GTR market for the last five years on and off and more closely in the last year and half, and these are just the patterns I've observed in my humble opinion.

Yea no offense taken mate, we're just putting forward our opinions :)

And I know where your coming from about bargains, and if anyone offered me a stock base 34r with offers over 50k back when i was searching for mine I would have said he was dreaming, but after seeing the car I bought my thoughts changed. Out of the 30+ I inspected while searching, about 2 or 3 I thought had genuine low Kms.. I found really good condition genuine low kms ones extremely hard to find, let alone ones without extensive rust, accident damage and original paint etc...

Yea I was by picky ha.

So just imo if you can find the above combo, it's worth more than 50k. Whether the potential of the car is reconised from the buying market is another question though.

^ Ant knows the figure I declined a few weeks ago for my GTR. It was far post 50k and triggered me investigating the possibility of a bayside Nur.

There are genuine buyers out there, willing to pay good money for clean examples. It goes to show as my car is not even on the market.

Some of the examples which are at the cheaper end of the scale have been for sale for quite a while and may raise some educated eyebrows.

When I started my search, I wanted either a vspec I or vspec II. Was not fussed which one as there are only a few small variations between these two particular models. I just wanted her to be clean, close to stock (In the hope that she has had an easier life) and bayside blue.

I suggest to not focus too much on 'model', but more so on 'condition'.

Anyway, interesting discussions. Would love to continue, perhaps in the 'skylines discussion' part of the forum though?

Anyway, interesting discussions. Would love to continue, perhaps in the 'skylines discussion' part of the forum though?

ha yea was thinking this was getting a little off topic. oh well interesting stuff.

was wondering with all the talk there is about R34 GTRs that a thread for specifics would work well?..

^ Ant knows the figure I declined a few weeks ago for my GTR. It was far post 50k and triggered me investigating the possibility of a bayside Nur.

Dont mean to be disrespectful but you would be absolutely silly not to take an offer that high for a stock vspec regardless of how clean it is (dont get me wrong yours is undoubtly one of the cleanest examples I've ever seen).

Mine is a forged motor, low km's, nismo/ztune kitted, wheels, turbos - whole of $25,000+ spent on it after purchase and I will just scrape into the $5x,000 when I decide to sell I think. Either way Im holding onto her for as long as its feasable and practical to do so. Leaving Ferrari drivers with shock on their face when you pull away from them like a freight train is far too much fun :)

Dont mean to be disrespectful but you would be absolutely silly not to take an offer that high for a stock vspec regardless of how clean it is (dont get me wrong yours is undoubtly one of the cleanest examples I've ever seen).

Dont worry mate, thats a fair comment and not disrespectful in any way.

If it was easier to find a clean stock bayside Nur (and a tad more cost effective), then yes, I would have accepted the offer and taken that path.

OP, Good luck with the search, look forward to seeing what you end up purchasing.

Dont worry mate, thats a fair comment and not disrespectful in any way.

If it was easier to find a clean stock bayside Nur (and a tad more cost effective), then yes, I would have accepted the offer and taken that path.

OP, Good luck with the search, look forward to seeing what you end up purchasing.

Haha well, if you really want a clean bayside blue NUR with original KMs, I did see one for sale in Japan about 3 months ago (not sure if it's still for sale). It had 405 original kms on it, absolutley brand new had been kept in storage, and the asking price was close to 10,000,000 yen!!!! that wouldve been on road here for about $140,000 :O ....If only I had the money...

if anyone offered me a stock base 34r with offers over 50k back when i was searching for mine I would have said he was dreaming,

That's pretty much what you told me back in the day wasn't it Ant? :P

Good luck with the search Shaun, be patient and you'll find the one you want.

That's pretty much what you told me back in the day wasn't it Ant? :P

Good luck with the search Shaun, be patient and you'll find the one you want.

Ha I was very close to buying yours, but yours wasn't stock either :)

And.... I'm a massive tight ass ha

Actually when I first started searching there was a black base model 34r advertised for 58k from memory, nismo kit and lmgt4 gt500s I'm pretty sure, stage one engine mods etc. I spoke to the guy on and off, was told it was immaculate and had genuine mid to high 30k Kms, this didn't really translate to me back then, and I said I wasn't going to travel to look at the car unless he was considering <50k offers for a base model 34 GTR..

It sold a few weeks after for what I believe he notified me of over 50k.. bit of a shame I didn't check it out, it could have been an incredible car!

Wold love to know where it is now.