SAU Community

What Can Your Club Do For You?

Aggroman

Bobby, I get what you're at there. But that's why we're not filling the days. If members can't afford a few hundred bucks to go racing than racing is not really a practical hobby for them. No offence meant, but it simply is expensive.

It is so hard to keep track of the financials for a track day already. Unless we could have some kind of really good automation, it would be a logistical problem.

As you put it - it is up to our members. As exec's we're doing our best to run as much as we can with a very short staff.

We have a GM this week so I'm sure lots of what's come up in here will be discussed. But the problem is always two things: Member commitment for the events and reliable volunteers to make it happen.

I haven't received a single PM since my offer. I'm still open to new ideas and stuff but I need hands and feet to run them, and a tight look at what it takes financially.

Keep the productive discussion going, I'm not saying no to anything just practicalities of running the club.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no one has any money, or any money to put into their car.

at events everyone seems much older then me except 1 or 2. i think my generation just isnt in it and the old generation is busy having kids and buying houses?

need the young dumb ones :P

problem is its all about bloody stance and drifting now

i would like to see.

nsw import club bracket racing championships.

now i know the logistics of organising such a event will make it tuff but i think it would be very beneficial to all the import clubs in nsw to a) get their club out there, b) get the message out there that we're not all racing (or hooning) on the roads, c) the friendly competition d) it will help our clubs grow and become more respected in the community.

thoughts anyone?

i would like to see.

nsw import club bracket racing championships.

now i know the logistics of organising such a event will make it tuff but i think it would be very beneficial to all the import clubs in nsw to a) get their club out there, b) get the message out there that we're not all racing (or hooning) on the roads, c) the friendly competition d) it will help our clubs grow and become more respected in the community.

thoughts anyone?

Would you mind explaining the idea a little more? do you mean like a door-to-door racing championship for imports only?

can be drag racing but i was thinking circuit racing.

I think most people would be concerned about having their beautiful Skylines punted off into the wall if racing door-to-door, but I definitely think there is room for a regular Time Attack series. Like WTAC but a few more rounds at other tracks. I know Supersprints are essentially the same thing but they aren't marketed at this category at all.

I think most people would be concerned about having their beautiful Skylines punted off into the wall if racing door-to-door, but I definitely think there is room for a regular Time Attack series. Like WTAC but a few more rounds at other tracks. I know Supersprints are essentially the same thing but they aren't marketed at this category at all.

bracket racing isn't door to door racing.

at least the way i'm thinking about it.

One idea to stir up membership is cold casing

I attend a fair few non SAU events and something to hand out to people would go a long way

The ability to say this is my club and this is what were about heres a form join up would be awesome

Then I don't get it :wacko: Could you explain what your thinking of?

This is what i was thinking.

Everyone gets 2/3 sessions of practice/time to set up their car then they nominate a time they think they can match.

Then everyone gets five consecutive timed laps to match their time they nominated, you get penalized for going too fast and beating the time you nominated and you also get penalized for going slower than your nominated time.

The person with the closest overall time and least number of penalties wins.

This way it takes out the ‘’I’ve got more money then you so I win’’ aspect of motor racing.

Thoughts?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/408502-sau-nsw-motorsport-championships/

This is what i was thinking.

Everyone gets 2/3 sessions of practice/time to set up their car then they nominate a time they think they can match.

Then everyone gets five consecutive timed laps to match their time they nominated, you get penalized for going too fast and beating the time you nominated and you also get penalized for going slower than your nominated time.

The person with the closest overall time and least number of penalties wins.

This way it takes out the ‘’I’ve got more money then you so I win’’ aspect of motor racing.

Thoughts?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/408502-sau-nsw-motorsport-championships/

What's to stop someone putting a stopwatch in the car and winning that way

So it's like a regularity then but condensed into less laps? Main headache there is administration of it I'd think. Some poor bugger is going to have a lot of work to do.

Getting penalised for going faster than your PB could put some people off too.

The point battle discussion has spawned another thread in the members only area. Leave that idea for now or, if you're a member, head over there and share your idea.

I really like where it is going but we're going to keep it a member secret for now until we figure out what we're going to do.

Keep the ideas flowing folks, some productive discussion going on now.