SAU Community

They Call Me Slim...

33GTRV

So, as the story goes....

A few years ago, 7 to be exact, i was in a little bingle with a piece of heavy equiptment on my way home from work. I was unfortunately run over by a B-Double, the operator had fallen asleep at the wheel and i was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I suffered a broken leg, 5 broken ribs, fractured skull and cheekbone, frractured forearm and a fractured L3, L4, L5 in my back along with 2 discs. I spent nearly 5 months in hospital and out of hospital, and i withered away to a scrawny little weasel. After i was released i was in a chair for 3 months while i was undergoing physio and easing my body back into mobility with the help of a frame. So, anyway, i got mobile again, but was told to not undergo any impact sports and to avoid impact excercise such as running and jogging. This is where the cars came into it. I started toying with my cars, and drinking piss, ALOT of piss. I had been doing this until recently, when my quack asked me what ive been doing to keep fit. I couldnt answer him. I occasionally take the dogs for a walk, but its not too strenuos, and not my classification of excercise. After a few questions each way and a few suggestions, he asked me if id like a few scans to see how my back was going and to get his opinion on what i can and cant do. I got a few MRI's done and he has given me the all clear to start excercise, BUT, no full contact sports like riding my now sold dirtbike or playing footy....yet ;)

So currently, im looking to myself for some inspiration, to get fit and start to look like i used to years ago, because when i was belted, i was'101kg, had the obligatory 6pack and vee and a great upper body, now im 131kg, and about as fit as a walrus in the desert.

This is gonna be my weekly update, my weekly challenge sheet so to speak. Im going to ease myself back into it, nothing too rash or drastic, probably work on some cardio, light machine weight ect. My biggest challenge is going to be my love of food and beer, which i am not going to buy this week, and salads are the order of the day.

So, ill call today day one. Im 188cm, pretty large frame(approx 65cm across the shoulders), reasonably thick upper body and im 131kg. Todays session is going to be 10 mins on the resistance bike, low res. followed by 10 crunches followed by 5 push ups followed by 40kg leg curls(5 reps each way) then a 2 min cool off followed by a 5 min bike at medium resistance followed by 10 machine lats at 40kg, 10 machine benches at 40 kg followed by 10 reps of 10kg fly's followed by a 5 min row at low resistance then a 3 min cool down, and repeat the above circuit once more. Ill be trying this circuit 3 times this week, giving myself one day recovery in between as to not interfere with my work too much.

See how we go!

Good luck.

one suggestion I'd like to make, is don't change your diet that drastically.

eat the same crap, maybe just smaller portions.

or if still hungry, smaller portions, with a side of salad.

for me, changing my food, lasts about a week, then I crumble.

going to less, is a lot easier for me, so I can stuck to it a little longer.

ween yourself off it slowly.

but again, hope to see good results.

I eat crap because its convinient. Ive changed my work roster a little to accomodate this, so im going to go cold the sphincter of the universe. Ferk, its been a week since ive had A BEER! anyway, ill report back on monday with my wieght, im not too keen on wieghing myself every day, as it becomes more of a bad pickle for my drive. Weekly is good, and doesnt seem so routine :)

head over to ausbb.com mate! all the support and info you need.

also. weigh every day but take the avg weight over 7 days- as you can be 3 kg down or up in 24 hours- water, stool ect

Also get a Dexa scan done at messure up in sydney cbd, only one in NSW

that will give you your BMR- and you can work out how many cals you need to eat to be in a defict.

Count calories using- My fitness pal - ITs awsome

LIFT HEAVY :)

Good luck mate!!!

also- try to aim for- protine 2xkg body weight, Fat 0.75Xkg body weight- and fill the rest up with carbs

You dont need to exersise to loose wight- But the cardio bnifits are more then worth it and if you like to eat then you can eat a bit more when your buring more.

Pretty much in a similar situation.

Have really started to hit it hard this week have already dropped 7kg since Monday. Am down to 105kg. Trying to get down to somewhere between 85-88.

At the moment I'm only doing 4km walking round the block each day and an hr of situps on the abcoaster.

cheers guys, appreciate the help :) No real progress this week, i had a molar and 2 wisdom teeth pulled out, and suffered some infection unfortunately, so im resting and not exerting myself until wednesday next week when i go back for another checkup, if its getting better, ill get back on the wagon asap!

• 2 weeks later...

Havnt had an update for a little while. Tooth is better and im slowly getting back into it. Been working reasonably large hours the last week and a half so i have been neglecting myself a bit.

• 3 months later...