SAU Community

Saunsw - Texi, Sos, 7 Oct 2012

GTRsean

12.JPG

Hey guys and gals!

You all know the drill, this thread means entries for Texi, OCT 7th, are now open!!!

Event: SAUNSW Texikhana

Location: Nirimba Airfield/TAFE/Skidpan - same place as last time (yeah, it's got a few names)

Location map: https://maps.google....&sz=15&t=m&z=15

Date: 7th OCT 2012

What is it: Skidpan + Go-To-Whoa

Lunch: BBQ will be $3 snag sandwich and $1.50 cans (selection of flavours available)

Entry cost first timers: ONLY $45!

Entry cost SAUNSW members: ONLY $55!

Entry cost Non SAUNSW members: ONLY $75! (join the club, it pays for itself)

you may have noticed the price has increased - this is unfortunately due to the higher costs associated with insurance and hiring the venue. While we still want to make it as cheap a day for you as possible, we still do need to break even.

Spectators: Free to watch

Passengers: $10 which is cheap compared to other clubs and events, (SUPPORTS OUR CLUB!!!) , MUST sign on, MUST wear wrist to neck/ankle clothing with enclosed shoes and approved helmet, same as drivers.

Courses: Released on the day at sign on

First timers: Don't be shy, you'll love it. First timer F.A.Q. (Thanks Owen) available HERE (Click me baby)

Those of you that have been to one of these before will agree, this is the best money you can spend as far as driving time for an event. The event will be run after run until 4.30pm, and considering most runs are under 1 minute AND that we're kicking off at 9am, that's a lot of runs wink.gif

This is a safe event where you only go as hard as you want to, there's no pressure, one car on a course at a time. Perfect for beginners to have a first try at driving their pride and joy off the streets.

With that said, there's usually some friendly competition between mates, which is great to watch smile.gif

Timing for the day;

Scrutineering/sign on starts 7.00am

Scrutineering/sign on ends 8.30am (don't show up at 8.25am, come with plenty of time to spare)

Drivers brief 8.40am (mandatory attendance all drivers)

Runs start 9.00am

Lunch approx 12.30pm depending on how the day is going (One hour)

Runs stop 4.45pm

Gates close 5.00pm

Entrants please note:

-All entered cars must arrive in time for and pass scrutineering, no exceptions.

-All drivers must be licensed (AASA or CAMS) and show valid licence and expiry date at sign on.

-All cars must have an insurance approved fire extinguisher secured within drivers reach.

-Sidepipes are not allowed. Screamers/external gates venting to atmosphere are also not allowed to be entered. No exceptions (this is not my choice, I ♥ gate)

-Entries are open now, entries close as stated in Supplementary Regulations (at bottom of this post) to allow time for officials to organise paperwork.

-Supp regs and Entry Form are attached. Entry forms without payment will be rejected.

-Yes you can join SAUNSW on the day (allow an extra 5mins at sign on)

-Yes you can organise an AASA or CAMS licence on the day (allow extra 10mins at sign on)

-There is no EFTPOS/Credit Card machine on site, so bring cash and we will have change there for you. If you can bring close to the right amount, that's helpful.

SAUNSW bank details:

Bank - NAB

Branch - Marrickville

Account name - Skylines Australia NSW

BSB - 082 356

Account number - 546 393 766

Please put your FULL NAME in the description, eg "TEXI JOE SMITH"

Need a reminder? This event is on Facebook, so click the link and click "attending" ####################

Don't wait until the night before to enter. These events sell out, to avoid disappointment get onto it right now - you've been warned wink.gif

See you at the skidpan

-Stevo

Attached Files

People coming/entrants:

Me

Aggroman

Pezhead

Yo-Yo

34GeeTeeTee

Kurtis34

DIF

Phillb

cpd

Yeedogga

Chich

PN-mad

WAGON_BOY

RANDY

Kinks

tom32

andymoocow

r33donns

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how late can i sign on?

IF i can rebuild before this?

as my missus birthday is the night beforehand, and shes planning a big one.

eg, can i come late and sign on at lunch time?

if not, might come for a spectate and volunteer later.

cheers, luke.

Definatly worth going guys, went to my first texi this year and is a hell of alot of fun!

Even if you don't have a car like I didnt, it's good to get down there and meet a few of the members.

The guys are never shy to take you for a quick sprint as a passenger, just need to ask them :D