SAU Community

Bakemono Nissan S15 - Build Thread!

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

Stock bottom?! Wasn't it done with the $$$$$ head? 

Assumed stock box would be removed as nobody would expect it to last behind anything decent, especially a 6spd. 

"Apparently" the same type of Aisin AZ6 gear box that's in my 86

Rated to 250nm

I learn something new every day!!!

None of my cars will be seeing the track, I'd rather just enjoy the cars every now & then.

That's enough for me, I'm not a millionaire to be able to afford track days or risk losing everything.

I'll have to assess the gearbox stage carefully.  My money can go so much further on travel around South America, so Id rather ignore a gearbox solution as long as possible.

What do you mean no track? ;)

On 6/1/2019 at 11:43 AM, BakemonoRicer said:

Haha I’ll float the car to Adelaide and line you up on the circuit mate. We can put $5000 on it to make it worthwhile. You’ll probably get crossed up trying to match my late braking & end up in a tyre barrier, so when I win you shall refer to me as “The Don” and comment my thread admitting the car is a museum piece 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 4 months later...

Overr the christmas holidays I decided to get stuck in and work on the car. Started off with reinstalling the bonnet & mocking up the front bar. Installed a big spec Cusco Swaybar setup. I was really pedantic on making sure its completely equal each side, so measured off the chassis rails until it was exact (a step most people miss for the front which can be done wrong very easily). Swaybar was installed with the wheels loaded on the ground, and all new OEM endlinks & endlink bushes. 

TIbwDII.jpg

YQl8BUB.jpg

IcwnUV0.jpg

Next step was to sort out the interior, so I worked on running all the sensors for the DEFI gauge & the positive battery cable to the boot. Aligned everything real nice & it was back to looking like it'd never been taken out.

3quEzJS.jpg

SHFDvOS.jpg

KPc4MZl.jpg

LeoLaqB.jpg

YbihKHT.jpg

The engine bay is really starting to come together, the next step is to get the car towed to TRP for another don mega fuel system, then get it wired & Emtron'ed...I'd like to think I'm only a few months away from having the badger up & running.....

V0PfXK4.jpg

oOx80wd.jpg

8uylAX1.jpg

• Like 1

Good work.

What shocks are in it? I found that my car had a lot more grip opn stock sway bars, with a whiteline in the front and GT-R in the rear it was full flat cap drift spec and just wanted to slide everywhere and would not transition weight smoothly. 

Could be because it has those cheapo BC golds in it, firm spring etc. 

• 1 month later...

Bought another Emtron KV8 last weekend LOL. So now it's simply Fuel System, Wiring & Tune to go.

Dan, the coilovers are HKS Hipermax III 6kg F/4kg R. The Ohlins in the GTR kill them in every department, but that's comparing apples with oranges really.

MLR, no the swaybars aren't adjustable. 

On 15/01/2020 at 9:55 PM, BakemonoRicer said:

the next step is to get the car towed to TRP for another don mega fuel system

Why dude? You have a gearbox that is lucky to survive with the stock turbo bolted onto it. f**k the 6 speed in your car makes a WRX gearbox  look strong!

You have a stock motor that will be able to be turned up to what 270kw max? Throw a single 525 in the tank and put your money to better use dude. You won't even need E85 for that kinda power with the 7670.

My car was at the power/torque limit of the motor at E15 dude so theres no way you are gunna be near those numbers lol. Dexter said you are out of motor that's it. 

You do know Scott WILL NOT push the limit of a stock motor. Take it from me i know! He will give you whatever he feels is safe and that's it. 

I really struggle to see your logic in these $4-5k Don Mega fuel setups for a million kw when you literally need a $250 single in tank pump to start enjoying this car?

Put your money towards a gearbox, a diff and at least some Evo calipers to help this thing put the power down and stop... 

I can assure you it won't make it off the dyno with that 6 speed mate & you know it. The fuel system money is literally your gearbox & diff almost paid for.. Then theres the other bills you dont see like the tow truck back to Rigoli & the dyno time you will pay for with an incomplete tune.

THEN pay for another tow back and the tune to be finished. Give the tuner a car setup properly so it goes on the dyno and gets driven home not 1 that that leaves on a tow truck for repairs cos it's broken! 

It's a beautiful car with all the cream dude why hold it back with shitty stock parts for junk that you simply DO NOT NEED ?‍♂️

Edited by Mick_o
  • Like 5

^ Completely agree.

My fuel system won't be anywhere near the Don Mega Spec stuff and my SR will make a fair chunk more power and be used in harsher conditions - and happily. 

No way would I attempt 300kW on a 6spd box either. A 5spd might barely hang on with really gentle shifts and soft torque ramping but realistically you need to budget for a Z32/RB25 or better yet CD009 (if you want manual). 

Edited by ActionDan

Much agree with Mick_o but i like the Don mega spirit as long as im not paying.

So to complement the Don mega fuel system, how about a Don mega gearbox (samsonas, hollinger, ppg, albins, tti, etc. choose your flavour). Run your 300rwkw+ without gearbox explosion at any time hanging over your head. That would be Don mega, not to mention f**ken quick.

Finish off with number plate 

THE DON

DON MEG

DONMEGA

DONE

It needs the fuel system that’s what makes the power it has to be delivered efficiently to quench the thirst of the big port head! Already stripped the stock pea shooter hard lines out its time for the Teflon don upspec. Fuel pumps, flex sensor and custom alloy surge and hat all done. 

Gearbox is the only weak link, if I blow the 6 speed That’ll get turfed for an AL’s RACEGLIDE!!!!!!!!

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

It needs the fuel system that’s what makes the power it has to be delivered efficiently to quench the thirst of the big port head! Already stripped the stock pea shooter hard lines out its time for the Teflon don upspec. Fuel pumps, flex sensor and custom alloy surge and hat all done. 

Gearbox is the only weak link, if I blow the 6 speed That’ll get turfed for an AL’s RACEGLIDE!!!!!!!!

1× 525 Walbro supports my tiny 325awkw on E85 dude. So it will support your 260rwkw on 98 just fine. 

If I was you I would call Al and give him a deposit on that glide now so that way it's ready to be swapped out on the dyno. Hopefully the box lives long enough for at least 1 power run for that dyno sheet ? 

• Like 1

You guys just don't get it. 

Those pumps only work for you because you don't have a Don mega flow head from Naprec. 

Sure, the combo is going to be dialed down to help the bottom end live, but big heads need big fuel. Even if 80% of it is being returned to the tank. 

The higher flowing fuel in the rail just makes everything smoother and better. 

Duh. 

• Like 1