SAU Community

Bakemono Nissan S15 - Build Thread!

On 21/02/2020 at 6:36 AM, admS15 said:

1 x DW340 supports 312 rwkw on e85 for me through stock hard lines, stock rail, stock fpr. 

Anyway, Samsonas. Do it bro.

Yes to Samsonas, and also mechanical fuel pump.

Running electric fuel pumps isn't Don Mega in 2020 anymore.

The game has changed, 2020 is about 1000+ up, Samsomas sequentials, mechanical fuel pumps and MoTec M1

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Have been working two jobs to try & get this puppy on the road.

It's looking like I'll get it towed to TRP towards the end of this month.

As the focus is a nice streeter / track day machine I do think once tuned it'll be boost limited to conserve gearbox/bottom end. 

YTmC8AE.png

cMAFmeq.png

H0owhhr.png

ahNwsFk.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Looks like you're nearly ready for our challenge at Wakefield Park :)

I better get a new gearbox lol

Samsonas brah, you know you should. Bakemono you should too ?

Man, I don't think anyone will be getting a samsonas haha.....we all need to keep our jobs first!!

Massive layoffs happening in construction industry atm!! I guess when the government cant make their mind up to starting big building projects thats what happens

• 1 month later...

Build has entered raging bull mode. TRP have taken charge of the build now and started on the don mega fuel system, within a week it's just all out NASA spec really and not even necessary yet however I'd already forked out the coin (years ago) for plenty of Earls Ultrapro teflon, custom surge tank, custom fuel hat, etc so I went for it. Next up will be to finish the catch can filter, tidy up all the lines, fit oil pressure / 2 x map sensors, then its off to Insight for wiring & flex tune.

txHgHwz.jpg

w4eySq1.jpg

ttaIXCH.jpg

N2PoQxi.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

If it is "Don Mega" or "NASA" then you shouldn't be using a welded up surge tank :)

don't be so sure:

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/wstf/supporting_capabilities/machining_and_fabrication/welding.html

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

However, I am ready for the challenge of who will break their gearbox first at Wakefield.

this you can be 100% sure about :P

11 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

However, I am ready for the challenge of who will break their gearbox first at Wakefield.

It won't be you... You made it off the dyno.....?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Bosch stepped their game up! Nice!

Dose, AI didn't make the cut, their surge tanks are too small, look at the volume those pumps take up, damn near the whole canister. I had no choice but to go big spec with aircraft grade alloy and 10L volume. 

Gonna be needed to keep the fuel cool when I'm full tilt at wakefield coming in hot through the kink, should help with a bit of weight over the rears to keep me planted.

Micko, no Elixir in main tank, I would of needed a billet cradle for that puppy so for once I didn't spend the dollars. Leaving the Nismo lift pump in there.