SAU Community

Bakemono Nissan S15 - Build Thread!

I'll just be over here with my shitbox that currently runs a Nistune and my new engine which will just be a Haltech because that's what my tuner uses.

Had no issues with the old plug and play in the 34, but wasn't exactly doing anything wild with it. 

The I/O expander and WB1 boxes all just sat out of way underthe dash, never gave it any thought.

Come to think of it, in all the forums and groups I'm in, only SAU seems to hate Haltech, but I that might be more that I'm in all the pleb groups and not ballers ones lol

well, if your preference is to have to buy all the hardware, whether you use the features or not, Haltech have that now too: https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-195000-nexus-r5-vcu/

And they've done some smart product development lately with the new CAN dashes and button setups

But I reckon horses for courses. Almost every car doesn't use more than the basic ECU features so just use whatever your tuner prefers in your budget. I've got Link in the stagea, Haltech in the GTR, Uprev in the Titan and no ECU at all in the patrol :p, they all do what they need to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

R32-25t, and pay mega dollars for all the software for motec for one car! Emtron has all the nasa in the one box no software add ons needed. It’s a one stop shop ECU 

I thought you were a don!!! a don wouldn’t care about the money a MoTeC costs they’d just spec everything into it and hand them a blank cheque

• Haha 1

Haltech Platinum Pro, sure it might need all these boxes but it's solid
Haltech Elite Series, no need for a bunch of boxes - also coming soon canbus keypad integration

Cars forgetting tunes? more like tuners clicking on the wrong file and uploading an empty tune.

I've tuned probably more cars than all of you guys put together have tuned, so I speak from experience.

Only excuse for forgetting tunes are the old Adaptronic Selects, I literally had to carry a laptop in the car because on the odd day it would just corrupt itself and add in random values into the crank prime field (known bug).

• Like 2

dropped by insight tonight the car is up and running. It literally is off it’s head, volume is akin to a MIG fighter jet It is the best sounding SR I’ve ever heard, my whole body was shaken from what sounds like a JUDD V8 w/ 320 degree cams. It’s on the dyno tomorrow Scott is going to wind it up his confidence in my physics has gained traction. It’s a special head that’s for sure, one of one

6 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Haltech Platinum Pro, sure it might need all these boxes but it's solid
Haltech Elite Series, no need for a bunch of boxes - also coming soon canbus keypad integration

Cars forgetting tunes? more like tuners clicking on the wrong file and uploading an empty tune.

I've tuned probably more cars than all of you guys put together have tuned, so I speak from experience.

Only excuse for forgetting tunes are the old Adaptronic Selects, I literally had to carry a laptop in the car because on the odd day it would just corrupt itself and add in random values into the crank prime field (known bug).

I'm quite fond of you Johnny but I just can't support haltech...shall I post the evidence of you losing your I/O mappings , of course you only spoke about that before haltech formed an alliance with you....

I have alllllllll the evidence LOL #pwned.

i think the removal of the squish pads really adds to the aggression of the sound....

i mean, we are talking soundwaves here and my soundwaves operate from a perfect hemisphere......yep, you got it, no squish pads to disrupt the exhaust gas catapulating into the manifolds. JUN really was onto something back in the 90's....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Scott is going to wind it up his confidence in my physics has gained traction. It’s a special head that’s for sure, one of one

Is the head so special it will hold the bottom end together? 

Hope you don’t run out of fuel

34 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

pshhh, have you not seen my fuel system?!

as for bottom end, im f**king sensored up mate #emtron #safetyindesign

What will the sensors do?