SAU Community

Bakemono Nissan S15 - Build Thread!

2 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

@mlr T28BB with better actuator, E85 & usual bolt ons will do 218~227kW (out of 4 S15s I've done). All on Mainline Roller dynos, on a Dyno Dynamics probably 240kW lol

better point them losers to this thread so they can learn to make some real powah

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

@mlr T28BB with better actuator, E85 & usual bolt ons will do 218~227kW (out of 4 S15s I've done). All on Mainline Roller dynos, on a Dyno Dynamics probably 240kW lol

I though they were only really happy heat wise at around 200, BUT, on 98, BUT, yes, sugar cane juice is magic juice isn't it IRT the evils of heat and knock and "stuff".

I really need to give E85 a go one day, maybe...if I ever get anything that warrants it again.

3 minutes ago, mlr said:

I though they were only really happy heat wise at around 200, BUT, on 98, BUT, yes, sugar cane juice is magic juice isn't it IRT the evils of heat and knock and "stuff".

I really need to give E85 a go one day, maybe...if I ever get anything that warrants it again.

Nah they will still shit the bed. 

Flow is flow. E85 or not.

Dyno graph has been received. Safe conservative tune & torque has been capped at 450nm to suit bottom end/gearbox longevity. Once again the tune is A1 and Scott has done a fantastic job, everything is all neat & tidy and cold start is bang on.

Overall, the head is wanting to rev to around 9,500rpm with the turbo/head combo, so NAPREC have done what I've asked them for!! Anywhere from 400-420kw is possible with a 2.2L stroker.

When the gates come on, it piles on speed VERY fast, point to point the car is a beast. I cannot explain how quick the car revs when it's all in. Next step will be to make a plan for a gearbox, I think a 350z 6 speed with the Mazworx conversion kit would be a treat....but for now I'm double clutching my shifts to keep everything safe & happy, and working towards getting some savings behind me as being at zero savings can't go on any longer lol.

70KziN7.jpg

• Like 1

Wow man, look at it go, that head is a beast.

Ignoring the torque dropping off and power plateauing and being pretty much no where near 9500rpm you can really tell the head something something

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Ignoring the torque dropping off and power plateauing and being pretty much no where near 9500rpm you can really tell the head something something

Torque has purposefully been backed off , it’s a conservative tune for safety 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ben C34 said:

Still making power to 8k is no standard SR20 head, that should be obvious surely? So long as it does it consistently of course. 

Benji;
Dropping 50Nm over 1500rpm ain't gonna help a heap at those piston speeds I wouldn't have thought? 

No boost on graph? What's the timing curve like? Did you end up putting in a turbine wheel speed sensor? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Still making power to 8k is no standard SR20 head, that should be obvious surely? So long as it does it consistently of course. 

Benji;
Dropping 50Nm over 1500rpm ain't gonna help a heap at those piston speeds I wouldn't have thought? 

No boost on graph? What's the timing curve like? Did you end up putting in a turbine wheel speed sensor? 

Yeah not particularly phased on people worrying that it's gonna drop off, it's definitely not and the tuner WANTS a 2.2L so he can rev it that high, it doesn't want to stop making power.

So some more on road feedback - it's basically a fraction of a second once its on full boost to shift gear, on the road it is just insane. I actually think it needs a sequential as it's almost too fast for a H pattern, maybe I'd have more confidence though with a 350Z box, as my shifts are super slow.

Unsure why boost isn't on the graph, and yes the EFR has a wheel speed sensor on it but I don't have a display to tell me what turbine speeds are doing, but nor do I really care as the Emtron takes care of it. I've got gauges for oil temp, oil pressure and water temp. I'll get a Defi boost gauge in the coming months as it'd be good to see what boost is doing.

The 70mm ARC intercooler definitely works, everything on the S15 just STAYS at 70°. If I'm really stuck into the GTR the HKS intercooler caps the temp at 80°, so once I take the S15 for a similar drive I'll report back. Both cars have Trust 16 row oil coolers.

12 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Solid result, however if you have a MAP vs. rpm plot that would be good to see as well

I'll have to ask man, if I can be bothered lol

• Like 1

Nah, missing the point. 

Dropping off 50Nm in the last 1500rpm isn't going to "save" the engine, given the piston speeds at those res anyway. 

If you want safety you want to reduce peak torque in the mid rang and how savagely it makes it, that's what destroys the bottom ends and boxes in them. Ask Evo owners. 

That's all I'm saying - I also do not know exactly what the torque limits of a stock bottom are, but I'd be thinking 450Nm rear wheel would have to be nudging it and I'd cringing a little each time I got up it waiting for the either the rod bolts or the ring lands to fail - but I am a sensitive Susan who always assumes the worst.

Anyway, I hope it lasts many roll racing events and wins all the kebabs and Brazilian honeys hearts. 

The gearbox is rated to 250nm.

At 450nm I give it one good event on good rubber to drop its guts.

My bet is it lets go between 3-4k rpm during a WOT pull.

The little thing will be fun prior to it let going though.

Maybe a slipping clutch might save it?