SAU Community

Bakemono Nissan S15 - Build Thread!

2 hours ago, r32-25t said:

On the knock out rounds you do but not during the free runs 

I've seen it at the finals at Eastern Creek.

As for penalties, it depends on who you are from my experience.

I know there's likely more skill in drag racing, getting a car to leave well etc, but I do wish there was some roll racing closer to me. It seems like a great way to blow off some steam with your mates, hear angry spooly boi noises, trap some fun km/h and hopefully not be as rough on the car as hard launches are. 

• 2 months later...

Another great night at Roll Racing

Made light work of a 5.0L V8...

As you can see, my oil pressure gauge is rising nicely as I power through each gear. Stock bottom end , stock gearbox , and still going strong !!!!!! 80° oil temp ALL night baby, this is a turn key package.

watch me gain about 10 car lengths on this piece of Detroit muscle

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Wow you actually did it! You f**king beat a v8 wow man high five.

Wow again, thanks for sharing the incredible moment. How hot was the turbine housing?

Shit yes, wasn't hard pal. Despite your obvious sarcasm, factually your response is bang on!!!

When you gonna race my Kamikaze S15? Wouldn't mind seeing you throw your toys when I dust ya!

3 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Shit yes, wasn't hard pal. Despite your obvious sarcasm, factually your response is bang on!!!

When you gonna race my Kamikaze S15? Wouldn't mind seeing you throw your toys when I dust ya!

Come to Adelaide bro, then we can hug it out.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, WantGTR said:

this thing run a number yet?

Not yet...but from a 40kmh roll on a 250m course, I'm trapping over 205kmh at the finish line.

That's serious business for a 2.0L with a torque limited tune!!! The top end is just limitless really - the head is just begging for more boost. It's making the power so easy and I'm f**king slingshotting in 4th gear on other cars.

Even with a stock bottom end its a 300kmh speed rocket.

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Not yet...but from a 40kmh roll on a 250m course, I'm trapping over 205kmh at the finish line.

That's serious business for a 2.0L with a torque limited tune!!! The top end is just limitless really - the head is just begging for more boost. It's making the power so easy and I'm f**king slingshotting in 4th gear on other cars.

Is it running boost by gear?

1 hour ago, BakemonoRicer said:

I think I need to dust off my hoon jacket.

• 2 months later...

I've been spending a little time making some small improvements to the S15. I had the wiring for the speed controller modified with 4 Pin Deutsche plugs to handle some extra current, and fabricated 2 Brackets and mounted it adjacent the surge tank. After that, spent a little time detailing the original paint back to glass finish and finished it with Dodo Carnuba Wax.

Emptied the oil catch can which presented around 15ml worth of oil after 5,000kms of driving, thus meaning there is next to no blowby. Should have the car out at Roll Racing next month, although damn, the itch to get a Samsonas sequential is wearing me down LOL

MR2wquW.jpg

F1Rvq73.jpg

n9zQvjD.jpg

kCUBhzu.jpg

ldMPZwa.jpg

• Like 3