SAU Community

Bakemono Nissan S15 - Build Thread!

• 3 weeks later...

At the start of the week I got a text from Piggaz... then decided almost straight away to rip up the handbrake on the build.

With Piggaz heavily involved now we have decided to take things to a whole new level. We are going big, the head is nuts so we need a hotside equally as nuts.  Micko is onboard, & Scotty from Insight is along for the ride consulting on all our ideas.

Anyway, had a big saday barbie with Micko/Piggaz, got tanked, and finalised all the details. Sent a few emails overseas then not long after passed out on the lawn :6_smile:

As of last night I've got more fuel system bits on the way, will be running the godfather of FPR's....& the don of fuel filters.

13132-7__75273.1513039419.jpg?c=2 fue-8280011012_xl.jpgfue-8280011012_xl.jpg

So now you're thinking, so all we decided over the BBQ was a couple of fuel parts? Wrong.

Tial MVS wastegates. BOOM. Manifold will be made in QLD by Kyle & we are speccing it up with EGT weld-ins for good measure. I'll leave this as the last clue as to what will be happening on the hotside, I'm sure some of you can guess which turbo I'll be running.... ;  )

Tial_V38_Wastegate.jpgTial_V38_Wastegate.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Haha, I should've put money on you changing the turbo setup.

Good to see you making use of the head.

Will be a nice combo, even if it still sounds like dicks ;)

There was no way that GT Series, restricted head gasket popping ass end thing was staying on there. No need to be running snails designed in the 90’s when we are almost in 2018.

This will now be the first SR20 powered machine running the EFR7670 T4 1.05A/R.

Got on the phone to GCG, negotiated a price, and pulled the trigger. Will be ceramic coated and ready early January.

I've already had noob keyboard warriors claim the rear housing is too big, but that's just complete nonsense. The rear housing will take everything the head can throw at it, & the engine will BREATHE like its supposed to.

We expect that the car will be completely frightening to drive with a high level of response, especially when compared to 'one size smaller' Garretts/Precisions.

Yep, this is now a complete "HOLD THE F**K ON" build!!!!

borg-warner-179392-1.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mick_o said:

Hopefully the SR handles the Alcohol better than the owner ?

1 rare breed and the grass was looking comfortable ?

HAHA!!!

Pls m8, was drinking you blokes under the table till the rare breed kicked in :4_joy:

We have a new logo for the build thx to piggaz...the badger will be eating the -5 variety GTR's for breakfast... :6_smile:

badger-stroke.png

4 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

HAHA!!!

Pls m8, was drinking you blokes under the table till the rare breed kicked in :4_joy:

We have a new logo for the build thx to piggaz...the badger will be eating the -5 variety GTR's for breakfast... :6_smile:

badger-stroke.png

Come on dude ya shooting low looking to pick on old dirty -5 GTR's. Stock turbo Evo on E85  is chopping that junk ?

All this time and money to target GTRs using old school turbo tech like that's some kind of decent goal lol

So, you're saying that a lighter car with a much better turbo setup and an expensive head will be faster than a heavier car with old school turbos and likely a stock head?

No f**king way!

What's the real goal here? Low 10s? High 9s? Laptime at a given track?

Please don't tell me all you're worried about is chopping basic bolt on GTRs lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Progress on the S15 has been slow, been spending a lot of time at the drawing board and just finished importing an R33 GT-R from Tokyo. 

On the exhaust side we've got the custom race dump designed & fabricated this weekend - EFR7670 TS 1.05, 304SS 3.5" downpipe & Tial MV-S 38mm wastegates. The rest of the exhaust will continue throughout the week.

a9rydjk.jpg

LhEWqI6.jpg

25Ky0tz.jpg

After planning the fuel system in more detail to future-proof the car, we fabricated a custom surge tank to suit the Pierburg 700Lph brushless fuel pump. The tank obviously has a lot more volume than anything you can buy off the shelf. The Pierburg is a serious bit of pump & will help save plenty of operating current compared to running dual Walbro 460's. Plus, I'll be able to run higher base pressures for better fuel atomization. For the main tank we made a custom CNC fuel hat & inside there will be an Elixir 700lph Ultraflow pump w/ controller.  Everything has been anodised black.

Once exhaust fab is done, we will start on the fuel system. After we position everything, I'll make a shopping list and start ordering the Earl's Ultrapro lines & fittings to start plumbing it all up.

DPB8jXl.jpg

• Like 1