• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Plattsy

Vic Roads Letter. Is Someone Trying To Rob My Car?

Just got alerted than someone is trying to transfer the vehicle into there name with out a letter I disposal. Anyone ha this before?

Ring Vicroads, tell them you haven't sold the car. Let them sort it out.

If you have finance on it, you could be in for a repo :P

Nah mate no finance! Just did a stolen car check again against the vin..... All clear aame as when i bought it. You think vic roads will tell me who it is? I wanna pay them a visit.........

I wouldn't be suprised if its a rego number or vin where they've gotten a few numbers mixed up.

Defenitely not a repo, we only change the rego when we sell the car

A friend of mine bought a car from the auctions with rego, she went and got an rwc paid all the fee's and transferred it into her name, then got a letter saying she had not paid the transfer fee's and stamp duties, turns out vicroads had f**ked up, after putting it in her name the computers then transferred back into the original owners name, some one picked up on it and transferred it back and thats when the computer generated letter was sent out saying she owed extra fee's on it.

cool, well still havent heard back form them. will chase them up this week and see whats going down.....