SAU Community

Buying Non Turbo Silvia, 180Sx Or R32-33 Skyline

Nathan95p

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6k should be heaps mate, check out gum tree for 180s and s13s. theres tones on there and on hardtuned.net

ive seen very clean 33 gtsts sell for 6k low kms great nick (my friends) so you should get a non turbo for that price!

also dont forget to factor in insurance and rego :)

Non turbo skylines are usually more expensive due to them being more rare, but mostly due to P plater demand.

A non turbo skyline in good nick will go from 8k to 12k (if your talking r33).

Hell my r33 GTS cost 12 grand 3 years ago and I just bought my gtst with double the power for much less.

Like Ruxis said, gumtree will have alot of them but you can't go wrong with carsales either.

Prepare to spend double that to get an S13 or R32 into smooth running condition.

I bought my S13 for 6.5k. I only replaced the parts necessary and that figure ended up doubling.

Given that, my S13 was immaculate, if you buy one in bad condition be prepared to spend a lot more to get it up to stratch.

I've searched gumtee and carsales for the past few months, and no S13 silvia on there is worth buying given their condition.

Your best bet would be a late model R33....then sell that when you get your full licence.

No he doesn't, or he'd have said a Ti. Ti= SSS without the badge or insurance policy high prices.

but the badge is important for young blokes

It's like when I was in primary how I'd get pissed off my mum would buy me lynx shoes when I wanted nike air max :yucky:

I've been watching for S13's and 180's for my P-plate son for a while. Not many out there and yes, a few $k more and needing work. They are just getting older now.

We went to look at a couple of preludes too around $5k and they needed work as well.

I'd strongly suggest that you budget an extra $1k when looking at older used cars just to take care of odds and ends that will need to be sorted.

Good luck with the search though.

id buy a little run around, and save for the turbo version when youre off your p's.

but, if you do want it now, search for the neatest car you can for the price, that way you can get a decent resale value.

hope this helps.

good luck.

The car that you look at should be dictated that how far you're stretched with the $6k in your wallet. Are you bang on $6k when you get a car or do you have room to move north of that?

Bear in mind that a $6k car will never be just $6k. You need to factor in other sunk costs as well such as insurance and rego. Also there will always be something that needs to be fixed on top of the car price. If you DIY, great cause you can save money. If not, then another money sink hole.

I got my 33 gtst for a great price and it came as clean as they come nowadays. Having said that I still had to put in extra money on top of the price to get a few things totally neat.

If you're on the Ps, might be a good idea to get a little run-about that you can have a bit of fun with for the time being. Once you're off your Ps, then you can go wild, and by then you'll have more coin and cars that you want are even cheaper.

In all honesty it's not worth going NA anything, pain in the neck to convert everything over if u want to go turbo (or better, wastelanders no what I'm on about). Rb20 natros are painfully slow same can be said for ca18s, best bet is a natro sr20 or late natro rb25 32.

If I had my time again I'd stick with my daily and not buy my natro 33.... But it's up to u man.