SAU Community

R33 Rb25Det Powerfc Back In Production.

STATUS

We can confirm that PFC are definitely being re-run somewhere, new packaging and sporting a new firmware version.

I have one here as we speak.. great news for skyline owners!!

The lastest version is not yet supported by any PC software so we are currently going through the process (scan) of making it talk to the tuning suites, should be good to go in a few days.

I hope they have some form of knock protection, i.e. retard timing on knock, imagine that.. would be perfect

I dare say they won't be to different to the previous ones. Maybe just adding some of the djetro features etc.

Hopefully I'm wrong but don't think they will be revolutionary. Should still be good though

I'm interested to know what the firmware differences are and if Datalogit can talk to it . I wouldn't replace an existing PFC with a new one because more recent plug ins probably offer more for not a lot more money though that would depend on what these new ones cost .

A few more goodies like a map sensing option and air temperature sensing wouldn't go astray - sort of L Jet D Jet options in one box .

Maybe a bit faster processing and updated injector drivers/IAC control .

A .

apexi have released the djetro for ECR33 if you are after that

it inclues a map sensor and air temp sensor as a kit

but its djetro only, you can swap between models like autronic etc where you just choose the input type

the powerfc was always positioned as the cheap end of the stand alone plug and play

so thats why its set model and not customisalbe out the ass, but customisable enough

and i think retard tming based on knock isnt a feature because they didnt want it as a feature

it would be 3 lines of code to do it but i believe they didnt want it to back out timing because its too simplistic

i agree it would be nice to have it as an additional feature, ie off by default, enable and choose how many deg or INJ to correct based on knock etc

STATUS (Trent): Is there any update on this? I might be interested in updating my Power FC for my new engine if you can get tuning software working. BTW is this an issue with the Tuning software not talking that you are working on or a problem with the connection from laptop to PC?

Hopefully its all good news :)