SAU Community

M35 Coolant Bypass Kit

scotty nm35

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27985413.jpg

*tick* ------------- Please rush me my Scotty customs coolant bypass unit - with free steak knives.

I very nearly fell of the couch when I saw this Alex!

Bane of my life...

I just don't have the time to write up the guide, plus it may be a little confusing as it isn't an m35.

Che?

What do I drive? :P

Apologies for not putting up the comparison data, not so good with Excel so will take some time.

Excellent mod though and one of the first that should be done on a VQ25/VQ35 IMO

Che?

What do I drive? :P

Apologies for not putting up the comparison data, not so good with Excel so will take some time.

Excellent mod though and one of the first that should be done on a VQ25/VQ35 IMO

A tractor usually. :P

I forgive you Cam.

Same concept, without the thermostat, and they didn't fixing the air bleed issue. That is the pathfinder coolant mod, I imagine that assembly will hold air in the thermostat too.

Mine also replaces the stock plastic bleed point with a billet alloy body and high pressure ball valve.

Is this the same principal: http://www.conceptzp...8150.101.79.229

Of course I don't think it'd fit on a VQ25DET but sounds like the same concept.

I looked at for some time Ryan and asked if it was bolt on and what, if any mods needed to be made to install.

The response?

"It is bolt on. It bolts onto the rear of the engine but you will have to cut and weld the pipe to attach to your coolant pipe"

(referring to the male/female fitting into the pipe on the driver side of the engine)

American "bolt on" is not the same as Japanese "bolt on". :no:

"It is bolt on. It bolts onto the rear of the engine but you will have to cut and weld the pipe to attach to your coolant pipe"

(referring to the male/female fitting into the pipe on the driver side of the engine)

American "bolt on" is not the same as Japanese "bolt on". :no:

What?

Don't think its weld on. The original piece for my car (dunno about NM35s) has a female end, and the goldy coloured anodised piece pushes in and secures into the alloy pipe.

The kit seems to have a lipped edge- so it wouldn't push in, but a bit of silicon tube and a couple of clamps would sort it out just fine.

I think the bigger issue is the cross over exhaust manifold pipe, and the extra stuff round the back there.

I like how their kit "lowers temps by 20 degrees", when I read that... The temps are still controlled by the stock thermostat ffs.

Ours is the same female fitting Alex, but the cast alloy pipe is a different shape for that reason, it would hit the crossover I think. ^^

OK, no steak knives please ... I am a vegetarian!

But I do have a relatively standard 2001 stagea and my Galaxy series 2 phone takes good pics so I am interested.

Also as a noob who took a long time to do the brake wire cut simply because I couldn't find pics I think its important to have good visual guides up here. Yeah Yeah I didn't take the pics either... next time I have the glove box out and on the back seat I will do a step by step on the 'brake wire snip' for new noobs. If you don't send me steak knives and do talk me through it, I'll do the same for this. :rolleyes:

You need a 2nd person to take the pics, otherwise the camera gets covered in oily fingerprints. :P

I have ordered the fittings, they should be around a week away. When they arrive I will have 3 kits ready to send out straight away. For anyone else interested I can make them up as I go.

You need a 2nd person to take the pics, otherwise the camera gets covered in oily fingerprints. :P

I have ordered the fittings, they should be around a week away. When they arrive I will have 3 kits ready to send out straight away. For anyone else interested I can make them up as I go.

Dibs!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to try and fit this kit up on the weekend. Would I be right in saying it'll take an hour or two to remove the plenum and get down to the middle of the V to fit the top plate, about half an hour to actually fit the kit, and an hour or so to put it back together?

Shouldn't need to silicone it.

We used a new gasket for each of ours although the existing gasket would probably be good enough.

Gasket is the same as on a VQ35 in case you want to grab one from Nissan, Ryan.