SAU Community

Hks Super Turbo Vs Tomei Expreme Ti

HIRISK

Hi Guys,

I have ordered in a HKS Super Turbo Muffler for my R34 GTR as the current exhaust, a Tomei Expreme Ti is just to loud for me as a daily driver.

It came in from RHD Japan today, I will install it tomorrow.

It is going to be really interesting to see how much quieter it is, actually the sound will be very different I guess, going from Ti to stainless.

Anyway, here are some photos.

I will add more once installed.

TOMEI EXPREME Ti

20121002_151643-1.jpg

20121013_171945.jpg

20121013_172328.jpg

HKS SUPER TURBO

20121019_120239.jpg

20121019_120343.jpg

20121019_121153.jpg

20121019_120317.jpg

• Like 1

The Tomei Extreme Ti looks p0rn !!! Might have to take it off your hands if you want to get rid of it for the right price :)

Well I will be happy to sell it :)

Only thing will be I have no idea who to get a shipping quote from??

But just to let you know I have one other guy from Sydney PM me last week, so he gets first dibs. I will try and get shipping quotes and let you know.

The sale thread is here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/411047-melb-tomei-ti-expreme-cat-back-exhaust-for-bnr34-gtr/page__fromsearch__1

Good post.

My Super Turbo Muffler will go on my car tomorrow.

I ordered that ahead of the Tomei Ti for the exact reason you discovered, that the Tomei is just too noisy for what I want in a daily driver car.

Going from a more restrictive Fujitsubo Legalis R (76mm) to the 85mm HKS should hopefully gain some HP for me in any case. :-)

Good luck with your fitting!

Hi Guys,

So I fitted the new exhaust and WOW, it is SO quiet now. I can't believe how much difference it has made.

Power wise I 'think' it is OK, based on the seat of my pants there is no difference, but only time will tell - I will get it back to Racepace at some point to run it up on the dyno and just see how it goes, but I really think it is no different to the Tomei.

This makes sense to as the pipe diameter on them both are the same, no difference.

I also prefer the look of a straight exit instead of angle exit.

As per normal HKS style the quality is fantastic.

20121020_103329.jpg

20121020_103337.jpg

20121020_103349.jpg

20121020_103402.jpg

20121020_103412.jpg

20121020_112707.jpg

20121020_112722.jpg

• Like 1

Nice pics.

It's an awesome bit of kit isn't it? Very quiet (as quiet as my previous restrictive Legalis R) when idling or cruising, but makes a great sound when you give it some revs. Love it! :thumbsup:

Nice pics.

It's an awesome bit of kit isn't it? Very quiet (as quiet as my previous restrictive Legalis R) when idling or cruising, but makes a great sound when you give it some revs. Love it! :thumbsup:

Yes,

I am very surprised at how quiet it is!! Normal driving, especially freeway driving at 100 is really close to a standard exhaust.

And then when you open it up and give it some it really starts to roar.

Can't wait to get it on the dyno and see the impact, if any,

• 1 year later...

I'm pretty much sold on getting the Super Turbo after hearing it in real life and seeing it isn't that restrictive. Were you able to get a power figure difference between the Tomei and HKS?

Edited by choyda

The Tomei Ti is way to loud for the street and hurts your ears after a drive to and from work everyday.

The drone on the freeway sucked.

The HKS Super Turbo is awesome!!

I lost NO power at all and was making a comfortable 360rwkw at 19psi.

• Like 1

The Tomei Ti is way to loud for the street and hurts your ears after a drive to and from work everyday.

The drone on the freeway sucked.

The HKS Super Turbo is awesome!!

I lost NO power at all and was making a comfortable 360rwkw at 19psi.

Ah Thanks for the advice... now the decision is down to HKS Super turbo or Mines Silence-VX Pro Titan III

• 2 weeks later...