SAU Community

R32 Gtr, The Final Build

SimonR32

I have 18x9.5 +15 on the car already, going to 18x10.5 +15 with the same tyres won't change anything...

Apart from an additional half inch inside and another half inch outside?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome driven over a bump yet

Does racing around a track and running over apexes count?

Actually the front right very slighty rubbed on the screw holding in the inner lining of the front drivers side. I bent it up with my hand (good old ally guards) and she was sweet :)

• Like 1

Would have though there would be epic guard v tyre at the rear

Nah I tested it before I took it out, got 3/4mm clearance to the rolled guards under compression (jacked it up front front corners). Plus add some tyre deflection under cornering would add a few more mm clearance

So had a fairly big week last week with the car, went down to No Limits and broke my lap record for a street car with a 60.19 which is within 1 sec of the best qualifying time the Group-A cars did back when they were racing. Also so close to a 59sec lap which would be a huge barrier for a street car.

natsoft%20no%20limits_zpspsgubd7n.jpg

Also managed to take out the latest round of the State Speed Event Series which I don't think has ever been done before in a registered car, let alone a closed car. The competition in this is significantly better than your average time attack so I was very happy with the overall and class win

natsoft%20speed%20event_zpsaupdowjh.jpg

IMAG0488_zpsxqvndafi.jpg

Edited by SimonR32
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any more action lately? I havent been able to stalk with no updates :P

Well did round 7 of the State and came first, one round left and I've almost got it in the bag. Have to come in top 15 to win the series (worst I've come in the dry is 2nd).

Also did Powercruise on the weekend, first year I have not broken the car which was good and managed to come 2nd in off street drags. Lost to a 32GTR with 3.4L GTX42, Holinger and ET Streets

Edited by SimonR32
  • Like 2

Well did round 7 of the State and came first, one round left and I've almost got it in the bag. Have to come in top 15 to win the series (worst I've come in the dry is 2nd).

Good stuff!!!