SAU Community

R32 Gtr, The Final Build

SimonR32

Shiite - impressive times! I was hoping to see it run in anger that day but boredom won out :P

Guessing that makes you one of the fastest guys around Barb's now (excluding the dedicated race cars that is)?

Shiite - impressive times! I was hoping to see it run in anger that day but boredom won out :P

Guessing that makes you one of the fastest guys around Barb's now (excluding the dedicated race cars that is)?

Yeah I think I went back out as soon as you left haha

Short track I'm still slower than Chris's old FANTA 32R and Gav Beer but long track I don't know of anyone who has gone faster without a stripped out caged race car?!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Competed in the WASCC LF Speed Event Series at Barbagallo Long Track on Saturday. Went 61.80 on the long track which I still can hardly believe. Got the class win and came 4th overall, only being beaten by 2 open wheelers on slicks and a fiberglass 950kg 180sx with a Chev V8 and slicks.

We are trying to work out if it's right but we are fairly sure I'm now the fastest street car (interior, full glass and no cage) around the track. There are a few cars that are quicker on r-comps but they are all stripped out race cars.

20130511_182045_zps92f40377.jpg

Competed in the WASCC LF Speed Event Series at Barbagallo Long Track on Saturday. Went 61.80 on the long track which I still can hardly believe. Got the class win and came 4th overall, only being beaten by 2 open wheelers on slicks and a fiberglass 950kg 180sx with a Chev V8 and slicks.

We are trying to work out if it's right but we are fairly sure I'm now the fastest street car (interior, full glass and no cage) around the track. There are a few cars that are quicker on r-comps but they are all stripped out race cars.

20130511_182045_zps92f40377.jpg

Haha!

That is freaking awesome, congrats dude!

950kg V8 180sx.. Wow.

Got a new set of wheels for it because I'm (and the people who are doing it) are getting sick of swapping between R-comps and normal tyres all the time. Will be using these ones at powercruise and racewars etc.

Origin DNA-02 18x9.5 +15

20130519_140013_zps9238f0b7.jpg

20130519_135951_zpsbb76f875.jpg

20130519_140022_zpsc1eb280c.jpg

20130519_135926_zps212bda31.jpg

Looking good. Can't believe you were changing tyres on the same set of rims for every event!

What's next to make it quicker or are you satisfied beating everyone as is :P

Looking good. Can't believe you were changing tyres on the same set of rims for every event!

What's next to make it quicker or are you satisfied beating everyone as is :P

I pulled off the R-comps yesterday and the front left was fairly shagged so maybe a rotation might give me some more grip for a faster lap time :) I'm so slack that I hadn't even touched the car between the last 2 events for that tyre has done a shit load of laps on the loaded corner haha

Apart from that, I'm trying to build this new house so I'm going to keep spending at maintenance for now.

Got a new radiator on the weekend. Temps were getting up to and above 100 so hopefully it will help

20130519_201908_zps7cbf1625.jpg

Edited by SimonR32

• 5 weeks later...

Koyo rad is installed and I've been playing around with the oiling system to try and alleviate the oil building up in the catch can at the track.

Been thinking about a lot of different options (without pulling out the engine) and came up with the following

• Rear turbo oil drain connected by dash 10 line to the rear cam cover fitting to vent the crankcase
  • Dipstick has a dash 8 line to a fitting welded onto the catch can to vent the crankcase

The theory is that the crankcase being pressurised is stopping the factory oil drains from working correctly, these vents (should) release that pressure allowing for oil to flow back faster and thus not getting stuck in the head and pushed into the catch can. Fingers crossed it works ;)

20130620_185524_zps45f16ec0.jpg

20130620_185539_zpsc2f84266.jpg

20130620_214017_zpsa4c9cbb4.jpg

20130620_214910_zps19bd69c2.jpg

When I take my car for a belt I do the dipstick mod too. Does help and easy to swap over.

Hopefully will help me as well! How do you seal the line over the dipstick, simple hose clamp?

I have no issues in a straight line (even 0-1000m drags), on the dyno or on the road but at the track it does get close to out of control.

• 4 weeks later...

Another Speed Event Series and I managed to break my own lap record again and win the class so happy days... My oil solution didn't work so back to the drawing board :(

top15_zps9066d719.jpg

20130713_171019_zps993ad047.jpg

Also finally remember to weigh the thing and it's this much without driver and 1/3 of a tank. Not light but not the worst for a GTR in full trim

20130713_122132_zps29233259.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You car has come out mint, looks damn fast too, good all rounder, the best kind.

couple of questions for you if you have a minute to answer, your Cusco and UAS adjustable arms, how much noisier are they than stock rubber bushes, as in knocking, clunking, NHV etc. I'm kind of hoping that quality bits like Cusco wil be better, but even a quality spherical bearing joint must be noisier?

Also, i have the same Trust sump extension on my car, do you have aftermarket baffling or just the stock windage tray etc. with the extension welded on?

do you care to share your wheel alignment specs :D