SAU Community

R32 Gtr, The Final Build

SimonR32

Could you give me your input on this 6262 compares to a -5 or -9 setup ? TBH, those numbers do look great on sheet, curious on the street whats your take compared to the ',std benchmark''.

thanks!

Probably similar to -5's on the street, it comes on very hard from 4000rpm

Some helmet video from yesterday's Speed Event Series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAnMeOI7IY8

Edited by R31Nismoid

• 3 weeks later...

Another video from drivers view, this time on long track. Also running Achilles 123S which are not even an r-comp with a "220" treadwear rating but still manage around 2 sec off my best on it's first flying lap.

www.youtube.com/pCAyYM3Xu6o

Also managed to crack my front rotor fairly hard.

20131228_143232_zps67cgakvj.jpg

Edited by SimonR32

• 2 months later...

Turned up the wick on the old girl and went a little crazy for a street drag tune :)

GTR_zps8966cc25.jpeg

So last time it ran that power on the first run it lifted the head and stretched the standard head studs, we turned it back down and I installed ARP2000 head studs the next day but have never run it at that power.

Went back for a quick check on the dyno on Saturday before Racewars this year and it made pretty much the same power with no problems lifting the head again. Was missing very slightly so I need to chuck in a new set of plugs and drop the gaps down a little but apart from that was very happy to see it making basically the same power. Was tempted to push for a little more but I think this is more than adequate for a stock bottom end and stock gearbox :)

20140330_183028_zpsqxojvqb6.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think of the achilles 123s tyres?

They are good, less than 2 sec slower than my AD050's on a 60 odd second lap.

They do seem to shag out a fair bit but I do punish them, think they have had 3 or 4 tracks days so far so I'll probably get another 3 out of them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...