SAU Community

R32 Gtr, The Final Build

SimonR32

Awesome mate I'm happy too lol sooo tidy. Can I ask what the deal is with g sensor awd mods ? What are the benefits of the ecu ?

More info here http://www.full-race.com/store/r14-awd-skyline/ets-pro-center-diff-torque-split-controller-for-r32-r33-r34-skyline-gt-r-1.html

Looks great Simon! When does it hit the dyno?

Soon fingers crossed, whenever I can get Sean to do it

Nice work mate, looking good!

When you relocated the battery to the boot, did you use a kit or just a variety of off-the-shelf parts? Looks very fancy! :)

Just bought the wire, terminals and a billet bracket (that's meant to be for an evo) and made it up as I went along. Happy with the way it turned out, nice and neat :)

Ran the lines for the oil catch can today!

20130108_180747.jpg

I will print one out next time I'm down at Allstar. I just did a quick comparo

GTR = 100 Gts-t = 130 (-30)

GTR = 175 Gts-t = 200 (-25)

GTR = 310 Gts-t = 225 (+85)

GTR = 460 Gts-t = 425 (+35)

GTR = 520 Gts-t = 485 (+35)

GTR = 560 Gts-t = 520 (+40)

and so on holding about an extra 40hp top end...

Not really fair because the Gts-t run started at 2000rpm while GTR ramped at 3000rpm, if all was equal I think the GTR wouldn't have given any power away at 3500-4000rpm. Plus the Green car was running a fair wack more boost.

Edited by SimonR32

• 1 month later...
Finally got my ass into gear, purchased some Advan 050's and got down to No Limits at Barbagallo Raceway last night.

I have to say that this GTR is infinitely better to drive than my old Green Gts-t, the Gts-t felt like you were flipping a coin to see if it was going to kill you every time you hit the brakes or the accelerator. This GTR is very nice to drive even with the lack of development and set up, so much more confidence!

Had a few issues, hit boost cut 11 times on the first two laps (1.74bar) so RRob pulled the boost right back to 1.1bar for the night.

Long track was just getting a handle on the car but ended up getting fairly fast by the last session. Short track I only got 3 laps in before calling it a night but was fairly quick straight off the bat. I went to the night hoping to scrape into the 64's long track and 55's short track which I thought would be a decent result for first real outing. Ended up going 64.2 long track and a 54.4 short track so much better than planned. Was stoked with my times, now resetting my goals now and keen to get back out there again.

To give you some idea of times, I would have qualified 2nd in Street Cars and Improved production class at their last meet. Not bad for what is essentially a street car with full interior and stock motor :)

LongTrack_zps4d98be84.jpg

ShortTrack_zps96af8c2b.jpg

Any people who track R32 GTRs want to give me some advice on front camber?

We originally set it at 3.5deg but had to raise the front coilovers which lowered it to around 3deg. Didn't have time to have another alignment before the track day so it stayed there. I know it needs more but how much? I'm thinking of going to 4deg as the next step

Any people who track R32 GTRs want to give me some advice on front camber?

We originally set it at 3.5deg but had to raise the front coilovers which lowered it to around 3deg. Didn't have time to have another alignment before the track day so it stayed there. I know it needs more but how much? I'm thinking of going to 4deg as the next step

Well I use 3.5 degrees. But it depends on your spring rates and sway bars. Obviously the harder they are the less camber you need. Wroo tends to like neg camber due to the corners going on for ever. You take tyre temps on the night?

How did you find the Yokies under brakes with that camber on it?

Cusco Sway bars and old Tein Flex coilovers (they are not even base adjustable) so I'm guessing they will be 8kg front and 6kg rear. Have not even bothered checking the rates. No tyre temp checks on the night, I was actually running too much pressure (34psi) and have got feathering on the tread edges because of it.

Car was great under brakes, pulled up straight, quickly and easily from the 230 odd km/hr I was doing down the back straight.

Simon whats your opinion on the ets pro controller, and what made u choose this instead of ruzic.

Cheers

Pat

To be honest I set it at around half way on auto and didn't really adjust it. The car had a bit of under-steer but that was more likely to do with needing more front camber and too high tyres pressures.

It wasn't acting like a normal 32 GTR that's for sure, no tail out and then catch the slide. Just power out of the corner, gave a lot of confidence!

Looks promising and considering the times I did with lack of track time it can't be a bad thing. I'll have more of a fiddle next time I'm at the track and report back my opinion.

EDIT: Went for it over Ruzic for lots of reasons, pre-load on transfer case, more adjustable, changes easily on the fly and digital sensor.

Edited by SimonR32