SAU Community

R32 Gtr, The Final Build

SimonR32

• 3 weeks later...

How did the brakes go? Did you run the kinda surprise pads?

Also need your advice on the T67 you were running in your RB25. Did the thing give any hint that the 10cm housing was a little too small? What thoughts do you have on going to a 12cm housing on a T67?

How did the brakes go? Did you run the kinda surprise pads?

Also need your advice on the T67 you were running in your RB25. Did the thing give any hint that the 10cm housing was a little too small? What thoughts do you have on going to a 12cm housing on a T67?

Brakes went really well, we swapped those random pads out for some Project Mu Club Racers pretty much straight away. Tried to do the dodgy and get away with not skimming the old compound off but that failed and they vibrated like crazy. Took them back off and gave them a skim, plus added R34 GTR Brembos to the rear with the same pads and it felt very planted under brakes at the track with a good pedal feel so happy days.

I would have said the 10cm was perfect, it did start running out of efficiency top end (and boost dropped off) but I would imagine that was more to do with the compressor running out of flow. Considering I was making 1bar at 3200rpm in 4th when loading up on a flat road and it was still gaining power up to and over the 8000rpm limiter on the dyno I wouldn't change to a 12cm.

Thanks...how bitey are the PMU pads? I have not used them and not having ABS was concerned they woudl be too grabby

They are bitey but they have feel. I had some A1RM pads in my old Green thing and they had no feel or bite and that's what caused me issues with lock ups.

My mate runs a track S15 with RB25 and big hp with the PMU pads and doesn't have an issue with them locking up, he loves them.

Looks good mate :) Am looking at getting my gtr into a bit of the track days myself. Although it has been a goal for a while finally started making a move towards doing it today.

Your car looks like it maybe one I can look at for a bit of guidance as I have no idea where to start to set it up ha ha.

Will be watching with anticipation :)

• 2 weeks later...

Swapped out the fuel pump for a Magnafuel Protuner 625 and retuned the car at 24psi across the rev range. Was done on a dyno dynamics dyno and wheelspun every run at around 550-560hp so couldn't get an accurate power reading.

Took it to the Antilag racewars on the weekend and belted it hard all Saturday and Sunday doing, 400m rolling starts, 1/4 mile standing starts, 800m rolling starts and a 0-1000m standing start. I'll put up other videos and pics now but here is the full monty run.

• Like 1

R6 Turbo that runs 11.9 at 120mph

:O

Nice run!

Does the car start to feel at all unsettled toward the end of the 1000m? Could just be the video but the full monty vid above looks like there's a bit of movement in the steering wheel - scary!

:O

Nice run!

Does the car start to feel at all unsettled toward the end of the 1000m? Could just be the video but the full monty vid above looks like there's a bit of movement in the steering wheel - scary!

Moved around plenty top end, saying it was sketchy is probably an understatement. Torque steered pretty bad in the first 3 gears as well.

I've got lateral g-force logs for the run and they jump all over the place

Tough as f**k!!! Love this GTR.

Are you happy with the 6262?

Yes, happy with the 6262. Very good turbo, not the be all and end all that some people would have you believe but probably the pick of the bunch for the application.

In my "if I had all the monies and all the time in the world to throw around playing with cars" world I'd do a comparison between a GTX3582R, FP3586HTA and a PT6262 - I think on this kind of setup all three have varying strengths which could equate to a hell of a rapid car. The PT6262 definitely gets overlooked in lieu of it's bigger siblings when it clearly has epic potential, but in saying that there are a lot of other turbos out there which will give similar (+/-) results which are completely overlooked as a result of hitting the market in the right way at the right time.

In my "if I had all the monies and all the time in the world to throw around playing with cars" world I'd do a comparison between a GTX3582R, FP3586HTA and a PT6262 - I think on this kind of setup all three have varying strengths which could equate to a hell of a rapid car. The PT6262 definitely gets overlooked in lieu of it's bigger siblings when it clearly has epic potential, but in saying that there are a lot of other turbos out there which will give similar (+/-) results which are completely overlooked as a result of hitting the market in the right way at the right time.

I tossed up both those other turbos but landed on the 6262 because it came with a T4 divided rear housing. I think all 3 would produce a very nice result.

After the weekend I would say the 6262 is better than a T04Z

Edited by SimonR32

• 2 weeks later...

Thats bonkers fast! Car looks really sable and balanced. No doubt in part to the fact that you drive the thing smoothly!

I personally would mess with all the toe settings so its a handfull and 4 seconds slower but is a menace to drive with sideways action under brakes, through corners etc :)

• Like 1

Thats bonkers fast! Car looks really sable and balanced. No doubt in part to the fact that you drive the thing smoothly!

I personally would mess with all the toe settings so its a handfull and 4 seconds slower but is a menace to drive with sideways action under brakes, through corners etc :)

HAHA my old Green thing wanted to slide under brakes and kill me when I hit the loud pedal... This one is much more relaxing to drive! I'll put up some more videos when I get a chance, you will see it's not always so smooth :)