SAU Community

2013 V8 Supercar Series

Whiplash

pretty boring graphics...... obviously the kelly boys had a coloring in contest.

I doubt it will look anything like that colour wise. Nissan and Jack Daniels are the sponsors so guess its going to change to largely black and white with red Nissan signage

thought there would be a bit more support even though its not a skyline.

its gotta be more interesting surely?

i hope they do well cos im sick of my mates goin on about bloody holdens 24/7

You mean like all the support nissan has given import owners over the last decade....f**kem

it seems the Kelly boys might have done the smart thing and picked a 'slippery' car and the aussie cars having a sook as they shaped like bricks. Commodone and falcon should be trying to make the new model cars more sleek

No one is sooking yet

It's always been known that supercars would be doing CFD parity testing.

I believe from people I speak to regularly that the large teams who have fallen away this year will be the front runners come next year. They have put their best engineers forward into the COtF instead of running current cars

Tekno apparently had revised 888 uprights at the 600 and move up the field, still developing an old platform, relying on 888 for their COTF chassis.

888 have concentrated on the title this year, question will be have they sacrificed some COTF development to be at the front in 2012....

No doubt Roland's juggernaut will be at the top of the tree in no time come 2013 but you do wonder if the COTF program suffers at all due to current events.

HRT have sucked arse all year, have they shifted focus from 2012 to 2013.......

Current VE and FG's are far from bricks. They have very strict splitter angles and undertray designs that must be adhered to. No doubt the Kelly cars will be assisted or hindered depending on CFD results.

It was put out there right at the start of the COTF announcement that all new cars / body's will be independently aero tested for parity prior to the 2013 season.

Clipsal Launch at Vic Park next friday from 12 - 1.30pm

No one is sooking yet

It's always been known that supercars would be doing CFD parity testing.

I believe from people I speak to regularly that the large teams who have fallen away this year will be the front runners come next year. They have put their best engineers forward into the COtF instead of running current cars

Tekno apparently had revised 888 uprights at the 600 and move up the field, still developing an old platform, relying on 888 for their COTF chassis.

888 have concentrated on the title this year, question will be have they sacrificed some COTF development to be at the front in 2012....

No doubt Roland's juggernaut will be at the top of the tree in no time come 2013 but you do wonder if the COTF program suffers at all due to current events.

HRT have sucked arse all year, have they shifted focus from 2012 to 2013.......

Current VE and FG's are far from bricks. They have very strict splitter angles and undertray designs that must be adhered to. No doubt the Kelly cars will be assisted or hindered depending on CFD results.

Itis not like 888 have any shortage of resources. The joy of having bazillions of dollars in sponsorship is you dont have to chose between development paths. You just do all of them and see which works better.

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2012/sports/nissan/nissan-v8-supercar-too-slippery-33389

looks like the drama's could have started already. what are the expected to do? adjust the whole windscreen to make it more upright?

well given that the commodore gets cut in half and widened by 10cm or so to make it meet current regulations, yeah.

Troubles in the T888 camp

The Red Bull Racing team for next year has one of its drivers in a contract to Monster!!

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/11/09/monster-energy-set-to-take-jamie-whincup-to-court/

Was at the Clipsal Launch yesterday with the Erebus boys, whose role was rather disappointing with the SLS doing 1/2 a lap of the temporary track where no spectators were only to park.

Ken Block for on track entertainment every day, KISS & Motley Crue in concert on the Friday night

I was surprised to see they let Courtney and Davidson do some laps with each other around the temporary circuit ( at a reasonable speed) in just shorts T Shirt and no Helmet. If anything had happened that would have been a legal nightmare! All stemming from Courtney having to fill in for a sick Tander at the last minute and Courtney refusing to wear someone elses helmet and racing suit, which is understandable but Shit hapens