SAU Community

2013 V8 Supercar Series

Whiplash

Red bull will pay the legal fees and any entitlements given to monster.......

I'm hearing the Monster Contract is a lot more air tight than the T888 one!

Monster unhappy about the money they have put in to build up the image of My Whincup in that market to have Redbull step in and take up that presence

Monster only really have SVG, Holdsworth, Erebus, and the Fujitsu car left ( shows how little time they have spent marketing the full car they sponsor i don't even know who drives it) that have all had minimal media time with monster

Yesterday it was also announced DJR have lost Jim Beam, which leaves them very little - no money. End of an Era?

Jamie's monster contract has nothing to do with Roland Dane/ a 888 run car.

There is nothing stopping whincup from running with his monster signaged helmet (contractural requirement) and driving a red bull livery car.

You've got an energy drink juggernaut who are prepared to put multiple millions into a team over several years vs a small (by comparison) company who have a personal sponsorship with the driver.

Conflicting due to the nature of the two sponsors but the whole sueing rubbish would be a publicity stunt. Sueing whincup would lead to deflection of monster drinking fans who consume the product because of Jamie. (as stupid as it sounds but that is the idea behind sponsorship)

I reckon Jamie will carry on his monster contract and won't renew it next year

Or the energy drink giants will begin arguing between themselves

Charlie Schwerkolt's REC for car 18 is being leased to FPR next year so DJR only have one confirmed REC to use being the Morris #49 Owen entry which has landed VIP pet foods for another multi year deal.

Morris has left his other REC at tekno so unless DJR can find an REC to lease (fairly sure they are all spoken for now) there won't be a car for j beam to sponsor anyways

Steve Johnson may be a nice guy, byt DJR putting him in that seat for so many years won't have helped a whole lot. RIP DJR!

Also, not a fan of Whincup so hope that Red Bull make it hard for him as I am sure that T888 and RB will have an agreement as main sponsor about veto rights on other lesser sponsors.

• 2 weeks later...

So....With SVG leaving the sport due to "Personal Reasons"

Who is the prediction to fill his seat at SBR?

......And has anyone got any idea what the reason is for such a talented driver like Shane to pack his bags?

So I haven't done a lot of reading up on the technical specs or anything of COTF, purely because I don't need to know them, I can't afford to build or buy one of these cars, but I just saw some closeups of the Altima, and the seating position peaked my interest. It's a long long way back in the car, with the steering wheel nearly at the B Pillar, I wonder how interesting driver changes will get at like Bathurst.

The standout today for me was finally seeing Garry Rodgers pull captain crash out of '33 and giving Scott mcglauclan a run.

I know the new owner of car '33 was peaking when he heard that news but it was a well driven race for a debut.

So I haven't done a lot of reading up on the technical specs or anything of COTF, purely because I don't need to know them, I can't afford to build or buy one of these cars, but I just saw some closeups of the Altima, and the seating position peaked my interest. It's a long long way back in the car, with the steering wheel nearly at the B Pillar, I wonder how interesting driver changes will get at like Bathurst.

when they showed the car in the pre-race coverage, the drivers seat is pretty far back compared to the fords/holdens, but while the steering wheel does come back a long way, race cars do have the wheel very close to the seat, which isn't too far behind the B pillar. not to mention the seats being more inboard than on a road car, which also helps a bit. but my guess is that they will use some sort of flipping or removable wheel, like some teams already use, if that is in fact the final drivers position

• 2 months later...