SAU Community

2013 V8 Supercar Series

Whiplash

Yeh, really looking forward to seeing what the AMGs look like. Combination of Kelly Racing not having Murphy in their ranks. rather horrible looking cars with ho-hum drivers well ... its no Farmer Fury in a DR30!

Sad panda :(

The DVS ride of casey stonner's has arrived. It's actually an ex lowdnes chassis though it was originally said to be an ex whincup chassis.

Roland sold the chassis about 12 months ago and bought it back to run stonner in this season.

Good to see Aaron Tebbs running at the test in an ex Kelly racing VE, the car his testing arrived at the workshop literally in milk crates and on pallets only 5-6 weeks ago, credit to him to get the car assembled so quickly. Hopefully he can step up from national touring cars into DVS this year.

Old mate policina has netted himself a current spec car too Duncan. Running it from armourmotorsport in DVS, his come along way from the old combined touring days with virag and loscapio.

I'm not a v8's guy. Was horrified to learn of Stoner joining the series - a rider of his quality joining an (in my opinion) horribly boring series.

BUT then I remembered the new cars joining, Nissan's entry and next year (I think) the AMG's joining and my interest has been re-invigorated. So, I will watch for the first time in a long time this year, hoping, praying to jeebus that we finally have a decent world-class race series.

God knows, the MotoGP will not be the same this year. :( :(

I'm not a v8's guy. Was horrified to learn of Stoner joining the series - a rider of his quality joining an (in my opinion) horribly boring series.

BUT then I remembered the new cars joining, Nissan's entry and next year (I think) the AMG's joining and my interest has been re-invigorated. So, I will watch for the first time in a long time this year, hoping, praying to jeebus that we finally have a decent world-class race series.

God knows, the MotoGP will not be the same this year. :( :(

You do realise that in the DVS there are no Nissans or AMG's dont you?

Not sure quite what Stoner will get out of a year in the development series - their cars are fundamentally different to drive than the COTF.

You do realise that in the DVS there are no Nissans or AMG's dont you?

Not sure quite what Stoner will get out of a year in the development series - their cars are fundamentally different to drive than the COTF.

Hmmm, didn't realise he was only joining the dev series. :(

Been a long time coming for me, but here is the 2013 E63 AMG from Erebus Motorsports. Started working with Erebus early last year in developing the initial concept behind the AMG V8 Supercar, and the early development of the aero package.

post-26183-0-58835500-1360835353_thumb.jpg

post-26183-0-69875900-1360835365_thumb.jpg

post-26183-0-35836900-1360835375_thumb.jpg

^ congrats dude, the cars look stunning. Really hope they and Nissan mix it with Ford and Holden. I'm actually quite pumped for this year and will def get out to races in NSW.

Haven't watched a race on telly for years let alone been out to one, but can't wait now.

^ congrats dude, the cars look stunning. Really hope they and Nissan mix it with Ford and Holden. I'm actually quite pumped for this year and will def get out to races in NSW.

Haven't watched a race on telly for years let alone been out to one, but can't wait now.

My sentiments exactly.

I didnt think AMG were joining til next year... Not sure what gave me that idea.

Cheers has been great working with the team and the cars, been nearly 12 months since i started on the designs!! and has been quite fun watching all the debate on will they wont they ect :-D

good luck this year, you must be stoked with what the team are doing. I understand there's some senior guys with a mile of experience in the category coming on board too.

and while I'm at it, well done with the B12H victory last weekend too...great way to start the year

good luck this year, you must be stoked with what the team are doing. I understand there's some senior guys with a mile of experience in the category coming on board too.

and while I'm at it, well done with the B12H victory last weekend too...great way to start the year

Unfortunately i don't work full time with the team so was sitting in Adelaide watching the race online, was a great result to see, good for the team to step up and get the good result prior to starting in V8's... the base team has had success over the years, Betty's first team won the Aussie F3 series and competed in Asia as well

so.... Bernd Schneider for Enduro driver after B12 hr stints?