SAU Community

2013 V8 Supercar Series

Whiplash

the fords and holdens sound a little bit different to previous years. obviously the new regulations have allowed them to make a few changes. i wouldn't be suprised if we see them change to more modern race engines over the next few years. both ford and chev have race engines in their catalogue with the same sort of tech as the merc and nissan

the fords and holdens sound a little bit different to previous years. obviously the new regulations have allowed them to make a few changes. i wouldn't be suprised if we see them change to more modern race engines over the next few years. both ford and chev have race engines in their catalogue with the same sort of tech as the merc and nissan

The current pushrods donks do an admirable job. They make the figures reliably and they're light in tne right places without multiple overhead cams n stuff .....

Great race, respect for lowndes ability even though I am not a fan.

I would like to know more as to why they have restrictors on the nissan donk.

They need to do something about fuel useage as well, It seemed like an eternity in the pits.

Great race, respect for lowndes ability even though I am not a fan.

I would like to know more as to why they have restrictors on the nissan donk.

They need to do something about fuel useage as well, It seemed like an eternity in the pits.

I'm wondering if the rate that they can get fuel into the cars has changed with the change in the location of the fuel tank. Smaller diameter pipe into it perhaps?

Can confirm that this moment was very awkward for everyone in the Erebus pits.

CH 7 asked everyone to be out of the pits after the start when everyone was standing there eyeballing him lol, did managed to move the sptools banners around behind shane though before we went out.

post-26183-0-46756000-1362362178_thumb.jpg

What a weekend

Very stressful on and off the track, just absolutely fantastic to see almost 12 months worth of work come together and hit the track.

Saturday we hit our first goal, 3 cars at the end of the race ( albeit 1 down quite a few laps ) and no damage. Lots of data gathered over the weekend. issues with the fly by wire throttle on the SP tools car which meant it was pushed off the grid and visited the pits a few times.

Sunday more electronic throttle issues in the SP car and the HHA car.

One of the obvious issues with the COTF is the cabin temps, was hearing around 92C in the foot well of 1 car. all 3 of our drivers have burns / heat blisters covering their feet. visited Dave Wall and the soles melted off his shoes and drove from around lap 50 with no sole just the shoe's inner materials

This is what Dave was driving with on saturday for 30 laps in the high temps

Ouch!!

so i missed the race and news, whats happening with these nissans??

Not the most successful weekend!

Not the most successful weekend!

if anyone thought that off the bat they were going to perform they should be slapped in the face tho....give them a season to get them setup and iron out the bugs then they will start to get the hang of things...

takes years to engineer a decent race car

if anyone thought that off the bat they were going to perform they should be slapped in the face tho....give them a season to get them setup and iron out the bugs then they will start to get the hang of things...

takes years to engineer a decent race car

Yeah but with COTF they are all pretty new cars.... They werent bad, just a few dramas.... The JD cars look pretty good on the track!

I'm surprised that he footwell heat issues weren't found and sorted in pre season testing.

Commentators said engines are within 1% of each other in output, which is fairly impressive.

Most pre-season testing was short distances and probably in a cooler climate (cant remember where they tested and certainly dont remember the temps).

They were talking about how crazy hot it was in Adelaide

I think in a few races the Nissans might start coming good. Not saying they will be winning races, but think they will improve

The Mercedes might take a bit longer being that they were developed later then the others.

I think it wasn't even that hot at clipsal. I think I remember them saying it was just reaching 30, which comparatively is just warm. Seeing testing was over the hottest months of the year, you would have thought that this was encountered. I understand the point about the short runs, but surely the teams did some long distance runs, going through a whole tank.

Anyway, at least it will be worsted by next race. If it happens again, I would be well pissed as a driver.