SAU Community

R33 Fiberglass Rear Over-Fenders/quaters

arrydjay

So my car was in a bit of an accident and a rear quater has been pretty badly damaged.

Before this happened I had the rear guards rolled and flared and I have never been happy with the way they turned out.

The paint is chipping away and they look all warped, so Im going to try and fix all this at once.

I have spoken to a few panel shops but am still undecided as to what I should do.

My options are:

- Replace rear quater and fix flares... this is the most expensive option

- Try and repair quater and fix flares.... probably not much cheaper than the first option

- Use fiberglass quaters.... going to be heaps cheaper as the panel doesnt need to be repaired or replaced and it fixes the flares at the same time. It also gives me an extra 20mm or so to fit more rubber.

Im leaning towards the fiberglass option atm but I wanted to get some opinions first.. anyone used them? where can I get them?

Also, with the fiberglass quaters I can choose wether to just rivet them on there or actually blend them into the existing panels.

If I blend them they will look better but there is no gaurantee that they wont crack.

Anyone had any experience with this?

20121020_063946.jpg

http://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_50&product_id=1967

full gtr style over fender for a gtst, they also have half style ones too. The only bad thing is this mob is in the UK so shipping might be pricey. I got an estimate for these to be shipped to me in perth and it was 125 british pounds.

• 1 month later...

I had GTR over fenders on my old 33.

You can either get:

GTR fibreglass and mould them into the body (PSI Parts, Melbourne) is where I got mine

Cross Factory has them in Japan

EPR in UK has them

Possibly Viva Garage may have them, not 100% sure

• 6 years later...