SAU Community

Y34 Gloria/cedric Owners Manual In English

rb26stagea

Easy to source, nice and cheap: what's not to like?

I have also been in regular contact with another Y34 owner who has successfully sourced (Maxima?) brake pads, and shimmed them to fit our cars: will post part numbers when I get them...

Also, just FYI: not sure if it's a common issue (I haven't experienced it), but he had ongoing, intermittent rough-running issues, which after much diagnosis turned out to be failing ignition coils.

Just a couple of things to bear in mind: once we get enough info, it may be a good idea to create a Y34 parts/service sticky thread, as there's precious little information available on the interwebs...

Yeah i agree - i've found there's really not much info available on there however Aus-Vip.com i have found has a little.. not much.. but a little haha. I have the same intermittent rough-running issues but i had put it down to coilpacks as it seems to be the same sort of issue as what I had years ago in an S13 then replaced the coilpacks and all fixed.

I havn't bothered to buy new coilpacks yet for my Y34 but was planning on getting a set of Yellow Jackets from performance-wise.

Also I had my radiator end tanks replaced which turned out to be the same/very similar to Navara radiator end tanks so they were used :)

And when i needed new brake pads I took the worn out pads to SA Brake & Clutch and they matched them up with some replacements - no modification was needed either.

yeah: the brake pad thing seemed a little odd to me: I figure I'll be able to source a set of Endless or similar quite easily. Will do some research to ascertain whether ours are the same as the USDM M45- I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. Also, have seen a number of Y34s going at auction with what I believe to be CPV35 Brembos fitted, so it may be that we run the same brakes as a non-brembo V35, given Mr. Nissan's tendency to use interchangeable parts.... Once again: more research required.

• 1 month later...