SAU Community

Rb26 1000Cc Injectors With E85

SiR_RB

What seems to be the max safe power limit of 1000cc injectors with e85 on a rb26?

Running stock rail pressure (stock fuel reg.)

It's weird cos some results show well over 400rwkw, others only mid to high 300kws

I know you won't be able to tell exactly how much, but are they good enough for around 380-400rwkw ?

Edited by SiR_RB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as your fuel pump is up to scratch, 400rwkw is just under safe limits for E85 on 1000cc injectors.

Easiest way to work it out is this: (keep in mind that this is factoring in all variables and should be considered as a safe estimate)

E85 -

Total cc's / 11 = whp (eg. 1000cc x 6 injectors = 6000cc / 11 = 545hp)

Pump 98 -

Total cc's / 8 = whp (eg. 1000cc x 6 injectors = 6000cc / 8 = 750hp)

Beautiful that's of great help !

Gonna run the new walbro e85 415lph pump with direct power feed and chunky cables

wont have an issue, they seem to be a good thing so far, used around 20-25 without issue. Nice and easy to fit dual intank in a GTR too for 500

+ kw setups.

seems like im on the right path....

a mate has some "bosch indy white" 1600cc injectors, they are low impedance/11mm top o-ring so should be direct fit, are they worth grabbing ?? his willing to give em to me for pretty cheap (of coarse im going to get them ultrasonicaly cleaned and flow tested before install plus new o-rings)

seems like im on the right path....

a mate has some "bosch indy white" 1600cc injectors, they are low impedance/11mm top o-ring so should be direct fit, are they worth grabbing ?? his willing to give em to me for pretty cheap (of coarse im going to get them ultrasonicaly cleaned and flow tested before install plus new o-rings)

Indy blue and whites are rubbish to tune with. I really don't think people know just how good the latest ev14 style injectors are. I wouldn't consider anything else if your looking at 1000's or above.

We have had some issues with the bosch EV14s lately and I know a big name shop who also has a box of dead ones they've pulled from a number of cars.

They've cost me an engine and almost lost a race engine for the other shop.

Were they cleaned and flowed before use?

Old ones were fine, most recent batch seem to work when they feel like it and lose random amounts of flow at random times.

Don't know what causes it, haven't really looked too far into it yet.

Were they cleaned and flowed before use?

We only buy matched sets with flow reports.

All the failures were with brand new units.