SAU Community

Rb26 1000Cc Injectors With E85

SiR_RB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had similar issue's with the ebay use injectors. Up to 30% out on a pulse test. Cleaned and reflowed they came up fine.

Injector service guy thinks they put some form of lubricant in for storing and sending and the libricant isnt breaking down so getting clogged.

Yeah they do, Every injector should be tested out of the box.

Firstly, most manufactures put shipping wax in them to stop oxidisation.

Secondly, if they don't, then oxidising occurs and that needs to be cleaned out.

Its the complete failing of injectors after they have been used that is a common problem.

Particular injectors that are treated in certain ways cause them to stop working.

Also you have to be careful with fuels that absorb moisture out of the air. They can very easily cause congealing in the filters.

This is worst case......... If one of your injectors flows 10% less..... Bang goes your engine.

If the injector stops completely then there is no fuel to make the bang to case any heat, so no dead engine.

Edited by HYPED6

So even though they are listed as "cleaned and flow tested" it's best to get them sent out locally and cleaned again

Herd the new deatschwerks rb26dett injectors are good too

seems like im on the right path....

a mate has some "bosch indy white" 1600cc injectors, they are low impedance/11mm top o-ring so should be direct fit, are they worth grabbing ?? his willing to give em to me for pretty cheap (of coarse im going to get them ultrasonicaly cleaned and flow tested before install plus new o-rings)

A true friend wouldn't do that to one of his mates

So even though they are listed as "cleaned and flow tested" it's best to get them sent out locally and cleaned again

Herd the new deatschwerks rb26dett injectors are good too

Even just tested. If they are ok, don't clean them unless you want too.

Its much easier doing that than pulling an engine out to replace a ring land.

Edited by HYPED6

Indy blue and whites are rubbish to tune with. I really don't think people know just how good the latest ev14 style injectors are. I wouldn't consider anything else if your looking at 1000's or above.

yeah its funny we all used to used them now i hate them... :P

Yeah they do, Every injector should be tested out of the box.

Firstly, most manufactures put shipping wax in them to stop oxidisation.

Secondly, if they don't, then oxidising occurs and that needs to be cleaned out.

Its the complete failing of injectors after they have been used that is a common problem.

Particular injectors that are treated in certain ways cause them to stop working.

Also you have to be careful with fuels that absorb moisture out of the air. They can very easily cause congealing in the filters.

This is worst case......... If one of your injectors flows 10% less..... Bang goes your engine.

If the injector stops completely then there is no fuel to make the bang to case any heat, so no dead engine.

Yeah there is a bulletin floating around from bosch saying the injector filters should not be used in E85 applications unless they are constantly monitored.

We find only the cars which sit for long periods between race events get congealing but it depends on setup, those with stupid over the top fuel systems (and super hot running engines like the real late model stuff) seem to suffer the worst as the extra heat in the fuel makes things worse.

The 2000's are still fine. You just need to look after them.

We have one car that is maxing them out with 130 PSI fuel pressure............ We are just going to fit another 2 injectors and keep tuning.

How ever we are looking at alternatives at the moment. Preferably something about the 3000cc mark.

The 2000's are pretty hard to beat at the moment.

So people have only had issues with the bosch variants?

if thats the case ID injectors seem the go.

No. We've had two full sets of brand new ID's dead out of the box. Read above. It's all explained there

I see you have joined the dark side Mike lol..

hahahah yeh i think he has alex, i dont wanna give inn, dos anyone know what kind of gains il get outta e85 on gtss twins??? lol i dont think its worth my while. making 320rwkw on 17-18psi now and going back up for some touch up so may get 330kw if im lucky. . im not power hungry, just very curious. lol

Has anyone found any difference using a wider spray pattern injector with e85?

Cheers

Justin

I've always wanted to tried the evox ev14 injectors as they are dual spray, only problem is they are only around the 550cc mark. You can get whatever spray angles you want if you have a good contact at Bosch motorsport. But like some of the coils I've priced you will pay through the ass.

I've made over 350rwkw, on multiple xr6t's, on the Bosch 968 440cc injectors on 98oct fuel but both alpha and delta angles for that head are perfect. That was on a fairly conservative dd dyno. That's a bsfc of around 0.4 which is off the chart compared to most engines!