SAU Community

Rb26 1000Cc Injectors With E85

SiR_RB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hows the idle and driveability with the delphi/rochester injectors mate?

still spin out how some people have nearly maxed 1000s with mid 300kw and others shooting way past 400kw....guess depends how its been tuned

No. We've had two full sets of brand new ID's dead out of the box. Read above. It's all explained there

this is the person doing the high flowing.... we were having the same dramas then narrowed it down to a certain supplier. look at the pintle if the tip is not perfectly centred chances are its from the dodgy vendor. Often the local backyard ones are also engraved 1000 or 2000 on the body.

hahahah yeh i think he has alex, i dont wanna give inn, dos anyone know what kind of gains il get outta e85 on gtss twins??? lol i dont think its worth my while. making 320rwkw on 17-18psi now and going back up for some touch up so may get 330kw if im lucky. . im not power hungry, just very curious. lol

Your high comp motor will love it. Its knock limited atm

hahahah yeh i think he has alex, i dont wanna give inn, dos anyone know what kind of gains il get outta e85 on gtss twins??? lol i dont think its worth my while. making 320rwkw on 17-18psi now and going back up for some touch up so may get 330kw if im lucky. . im not power hungry, just very curious. lol

350min on pump united

The 2000's are still fine. You just need to look after them.

We have one car that is maxing them out with 130 PSI fuel pressure............ We are just going to fit another 2 injectors and keep tuning.

How ever we are looking at alternatives at the moment. Preferably something about the 3000cc mark.

The 2000's are pretty hard to beat at the moment.

Have you had a look at moran injectors..?

https://www.moranmotorsports.com/product/500-lbhr-mre-atomizer-racing-billet-injector

Haven't tried them myself but have heard similar horror stories with the moran injectors,which is concerning considering their volumes.

allot of methanol guys seem to use them and i suppose they get away with it as so many methanol cars are tuned pig rich.... i had a few come in running running around 0.56 lambda which is crazy even if one is way off its still pig rich :P they had to spend sooo much cash on ignition just to make it pull numbers..

Have you had a look at moran injectors..?

https://www.moranmot...billet-injector

Where do you think I got the "Large Fog with 45 degree Vapor Cone Pattern" quote from... ha ha ha

I only really saw bend 8's and some high end v10/12's using moran injectors while I was in the US. The older style moran injectors were a whole different beast than they're new injectors. Most were running methanol or race fuel.

The only issue i have with them is the 45 degree spray pattern... I'm a little worried about 'washing down' or the droplets of fuel hitting the side of the port walls and becoming liquid again...

I've spoken to moran, they insist that the injectors are fine to use with ethanol.

Cheers

Justin

this is the person doing the high flowing....  we were having the same dramas then narrowed it down to a certain supplier. look at the pintle if the tip is not perfectly centred chances are its from the dodgy vendor. Often the local backyard ones are also engraved 1000 or 2000 on the body.

They were purchased directly from Injector Dynamics in the USA

All these injector problems starting to make my head spin upon deciding which way to go...

Hopefuly These companies fix these problems asap, wouldn't want to loose an engine due to Injector failure :/

All these injector problems starting to make my head spin upon deciding which way to go...

Hopefuly These companies fix these problems asap, wouldn't want to loose an engine due to Injector failure :/

You can't buy directly from ID in the states... you have to purchase from a dealer.  They partnered up with T1 for sales.

You should tell that to ID. I saw the invoice and the flow charts provided by ID. Pretty sure they were serialed too. This was about a year ago. Not sure if things have changed since then. We don't ever buy ID ourselves. I get all my injectors from a local supplier and never have a problem. Bosch, Siemens, ID...whatever. We get them all tested before using them anyway and due to the exceptionally good data logging on the new Wolf loggers, we can see problems before they become a problem. I think a lot of people are missing the point here. All these injectors are the same. There is no problems. Just get them checked before you fit them and take care of them appropriately according to what they are being used for.

You should tell that to ID. I saw the invoice and the flow charts provided by ID. Pretty sure they were serialed too. This was about a year ago. Not sure if things have changed since then. We don't ever buy ID ourselves. I get all my injectors from a local supplier and never have a problem. Bosch, Siemens, ID...whatever. We get them all tested before using them anyway and due to the exceptionally good data logging on the new Wolf loggers, we can see problems before they become a problem. I think a lot of people are missing the point here. All these injectors are the same. There is no problems. Just get them checked before you fit them and take care of them appropriately according to what they are being used for.

They are not the same there are alot of dodgy back yard ones done here, you do realise they are machined... not off the shelf items?

They are not the same there are alot of dodgy back yard ones done here, you do realise they are machined... not off the shelf items?

I'm not saying they are all the same injector. I'm saying it doesn't matter which injector is used, they are all the same ie. who cares....pick an injector. They all have a potential for problems but if you look after them accordingly and have them checked before you use them, you are less likely to have problems.