SAU Community

Big Brake Group Buy - Skyline / Silvia / Stagea / Wrx / Evo / All Makes/models

R31Nismoid

As part of SAU's 10th B'Day - and exclusive Big Brake Group Buy has been organised :)

GB Start Date: 06/11/2012

GB End Date: 30/01/2013

Goods & Details on Offer:

330mm / 356mm / 380mm Front Brake Upgrade Kits which are bolt on.

ANY MAKE/MODEL you can find on the D2 site - is available. Skyline, Silvia, Supra, WRX, EVO - ANYTHING! :D

Strictly limited to 50 kits only at this stage. Once 25 sets are locked in, payment info will be provided and then the first 25 set shipped so that people do not have to wait for the full 50 allocations to be taken. Although I doubt it will last very long at this price.

Rear Sets are also available. Please post up your model/make and I'll try get a price.

Information on kits (Please click "EXPAND WINDOW").

330mm:

http://www.d2racing....ndex&cPath=2_93

356mm:

http://www.d2racing....ndex&cPath=2_94

380mm:

http://www.d2racing....ndex&cPath=2_95

D2 kits are essentially the same as the K-Sport kits. I ran a D2 Racing kit on my very own R33 GTR that saw a number of track days and hill runs over 12 months. The kit never missed a beat and i highly recommend it for performance on a budget.

Kits include:

Calipers / Discs / Mounting Brackets to suit your model / ADR Approved Lines / D2 Racing "Street" Pad

Standard Caliper Colour Options:

Anodized Black

Painted: Black / Purple / Yellow / Red

(please specify)

Additional non-standard colours can be done for $150

Brake Pad Options:

D2 Racing - Street Pad

or

D2 Racing - Race Pace - Costs an extra $220 (RRP $250)

(please specify)

Price:

Front 330mm - $1700

Front 356mm - $1800

Front 380mm - $2500

Rear 330mm - $1800 (includes factory handbrake compatibility kit, normally $250 extra)

Above pricing includes ADR Approved Brake Lines (normally around $150 / $250 ($250 for front & rear).

Do some research if you like, but i assure you the price is significantly cheaper than you'll find from any retailer in Australia OR Overseas and includes ADR approved lines to boot for even better value - don't wait to make a decision, it's well over 25% off after having a look around myself :)

Especially you GTR owners, you can easily sell off your Brembo Rotor/Caliper/Pads for $1,200 - $1,400 - so the upgrade is next to nothing for a 356mm kit and a massive hike in braking performance :thumbsup:

Company Supplying goods:

Import Monster - http://www.importmonster.com.au

Shipping/Collection:

If you are Victorian you can collect from Import Monster no problem, otherwise shipping will be at your expense.

Kit Dimensions:

D2 Front 8 piston kit 356mm

Dimensions: 66 x 43 x 27

Weight: 36.5KG

Shipping Pricing/Estimate:

Sydney $38 for one set and $120 for 5 sets

Perth $70 for one set and $350 for 5 sets

Adelaide $38 for one set and $120 for 5 sets

Hobart $68 for one set and $320 for 5 sets

Darwin $105 for one set and $390 for 5 sets

Brisbane $55 for one set and $200 for 5 sets

Canberra $45 forn one set and $180 for 5 sets

All of the above prices carry full insurance coverage against loss or damage. There are cheaper shipping options for some, but they are not fully insured.

If a group of people purchase from one state, happy to deliver to a responsible person that you nominate which will drop costs even lower again :)

Delivery is expected to take somewhere around 4-6 weeks once a "batch" is done (each set of 25).

Listing:

1. Dahtone Racing - 356mm Front only / R32 GT-R - Street Pad - Painted Black

2. beenowened - 356mm Front only / R33 GTS-t - Street Pad - Anodized Black

3. BWRGTR - 356mm Front / R32 GT-R - Street Pad - Anodized Black

4. (rear) BWRGTR - 330mm Rear / R32 GT-R - Street Pad - Anodized Black

5. intune - 356mm Front only / R32 GT-R - Street Pad - Black Anodized

6. Nick033 - 356mm Front only / R33 GTS-t - Street Pad - Yellow

7. (rear) Nick033 - 330mm Rear / R33 GTS-t - Street Pad - Yellow

8. NISR32.5 - 356mm Front only / R32 GT-R - Street Pad - Anodized Black

9. Supra Kit - IM

10. Toro Seven - 356mm Front only / S14 - Street Pad - Anodized Black

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the 1800 for the 330mm kit or is it for both?

because i have found the 356mm kit to retails for more then the 330mm

I'll find out if the 330mm can be done any cheaper, either way currently /w ADR lines it's still cheaper than you can get anywhere else :)

wow good timing, I was seriously considering sending u pm last night bout the next Gb

tentatively in, will look up the specs shortly

Post up when you are firm and on the list you shall go!

$1800 is for the 356mm kit with ADR lines included. That price is 100% locked in.

I'm still checking if the 330mm can be done any cheaper than that... But it's likely the 330mm won't be as popular and so on, leave it with me :)

The 356mm kit is still by far the best value either way.

Nice one Nismoid, appreciate the initiative

Few questions and apologies if they are answered already somewhere:

- Keen to know the cost for full front and rear kit for a V35 (Brembo version), and size on the rears?

- 4 or 6 pot calipers?

- In the 356mm link I'm looking under Infiniti but noticed that the V35 Skyline is also covered under Nissan, any difference I'm missing?

- Discs are slotted with a drilled option, any option for dimples?

Cheers

Read the links please guys... They have the info on how many pots, min wheel sizing etc :)

V-Series you'll need to do your own leg work. Im not going to be held responsible. I know the skyline/Silvia part numbers but when it comes to v-series interchangeability I really don't know.

That said:

330 needs at least 17", some wheels not compatible if internally they are not 17"

356 needs at least 18"

Pads you can get from Import Monster, or they are the same as a AP Racing caliper, so you have a massive selection. When I needed pads I put in Ferrodo DS2500 to fit a AP5555 if I remember correctly.

Hey guys I represent d2 in Australia, we are working along side import monster on this. Please visit our Australian d2 site for details www.d2sport.com.au..

I can help with questions and any other info you might need

Is there any option to get rears with it too?

As for brembo cost I recently priced up the 355 front kit for 3200 inc postage out of the states.

Yes as per the first post - it is possible.

You will need to state the model/make of the car and then I'll get the pricing ;)

Oh woops didn't see that bit. I'm keen on the 356 front kit and rear kit for my 32 gtr.

Anyone know how they compare with the likes of the endless or brembo kits? I suppose the main difference would be the size of the pads used.

Is it likely to effect the abs? I guess if you did front and rear it would be all good

As i said earlier - same pad size as the AP Racing caliper in the 356mm size, I think the code is AP5555 from memory.

I ran the 356mm kit on the front only - without rears. It didn't affect the ABS at all as Skylines are far more front bias so rears are less important.

As for how the kits compare - They are no $7,000 Alcon/AP kit (which they are based off)... But for $1800 - a saving of $5200 - you can't expect it to be identical, but i can tell you it's near enough having driven a mates GTR recently who has a 356mm Alcon kit. I couldn't say there was a difference.

Pad/rotor material plays more of a part in that anyway.

There were plenty of cars @ WTAC for example with D2 or K-sport brake kits on them, all working fine :)

Yes they do mate, if you click "EXPAND WINDOW" like i instructed - you get further information for each kit.

Refer attached screen shot:

post-709-0-46877800-1352377950_thumb.png

To cover the other items

are the rotors readily available??

Yes - either use AP items, or you can order from Import Monster or D2Racing.com.au

is there pad options with this group buy??

No. The kit comes with pads - if you want to purchase something different then that is your choice. And no, you cannot remove the pads to reduce the price.

theres no listing for stagea on the link, so is it possible to get them cheaper if u dont want the braided lines??

No. The bulk price is based on the full kit as described.

Perhaps best to send a PM to "Andy-J" about Stagea as if it's not listed - I cannot say it will bolt up.

No. The kit comes with pads - if you want to purchase something different then that is your choice. And no, you cannot remove the pads to reduce the price.

Ash, I think hes talking about the options listed on the D2 site. They say you can get sport or race pads with the set.

Can I get a price on a 356mm rear 350Z or G35 set please?

I'll add that into the first post - but i don't think he was :/

Yep I will sort out rear pricing if i can before i leave for SAU Nats 2012 (I leave Wed next week). If i cant work out pricing I'll have to do it when i return as Import Monster is coming up as well so they won't be in their office :D