Big Brake Group Buy - Skyline / Silvia / Stagea / Wrx / Evo / All Makes/models

R31Nismoid

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im in for front kit 356mm in purple for r32 gtr

would be keen on the rear set pending price confirmation

re: pads, ferodo ds2500 better option or the d2 street/race option? car to be used primarily on street

Honestly the street D2 pads are fine for street duties 100% :)

Put me on the list for sure for the 356mm front kit for my 32 gtr with the black anodized caliper and sport pad with the rear kit also. Plus I read you need a kit for the hand brake for the rear calipers I'll get that too!

Kit for the hand brake... I shall investigate this also :D

I wasn't aware it was needed - will follow up, likely in 8-10 days or so once we all get back from SAU Nats :)

I'm pretty interested aswell, can you get me a price on the 356mm rear for 32 gtr aswell when you have time. Cheers.

About the handbrake issue, the way I read it was that you will only need a hydrolic handbrake if you want to use this setup for drifting. Otherwise the calipers work like normal. Maybe I'll read that again....

I'm pretty interested aswell, can you get me a price on the 356mm rear for 32 gtr aswell when you have time. Cheers.

About the handbrake issue, the way I read it was that you will only need a hydrolic handbrake if you want to use this setup for drifting. Otherwise the calipers work like normal. Maybe I'll read that again....

I read the same thing. Standard handbrake setup works fine with the D2 rear kit, as long as you're not using it for drifting. If you are, you need a hyraulic setup and second caliper.

I don't have a handbrake, I have a foot brake. So no funny business in the whale.

As i said earlier - same pad size as the AP Racing caliper in the 356mm size, I think the code is AP5555 from memory.

I ran the 356mm kit on the front only - without rears. It didn't affect the ABS at all as Skylines are far more front bias so rears are less important.

As for how the kits compare - They are no $7,000 Alcon/AP kit (which they are based off)... But for $1800 - a saving of $5200 - you can't expect it to be identical, but i can tell you it's near enough having driven a mates GTR recently who has a 356mm Alcon kit. I couldn't say there was a difference.

Pad/rotor material plays more of a part in that anyway.

There were plenty of cars @ WTAC for example with D2 or K-sport brake kits on them, all working fine :)

Don't want to interfere here, but Alcons don't have to be expensive http://www.jdl-brakes.com/special-offer-alcon-adv-extreme-brake-kit-front-and-rear-nissan-skyline-r32-r33-r34-gtr.html

Maybe they are not such cheap as D2, but I'm pretty sure quite similar.