SAU Community

Big Brake Group Buy - Skyline / Silvia / Stagea / Wrx / Evo / All Makes/models

R31Nismoid

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ already updated you last week :)

Don't want to interfere here, but Alcons don't have to be expensive http://www.jdl-brake...33-r34-gtr.html

Maybe they are not such cheap as D2, but I'm pretty sure quite similar.

Well don't :)

1. That kit is on special, even at that price it wouldn't be here with ADR lines for less than $5500

2. It's normal price would put it at around $8000.

Hi,

Checked the kit page for IMPREZA GC8 (WRX).356Front ... so put me done for these ! :)

Cheers

Robert Blandford

Done!

What colour / pad?

Of course, Alcon with mono block forged caliper won't be cheaper than chinese D2, but I meant Alcons don't have to cost $8000 what people suggest.

I went trough checkout from this link http://www.jdl-brakes.com/special-offer-alcon-adv-extreme-brake-kit-front-and-rear-nissan-skyline-r32-r33-r34-gtr.html and front ( 6 pot forged mono, with 365 mm discs ) and rear ( 4 pot forged mono, with 350 mm discs ) kit less than $4950 shipped to Australia, for SINGLE purchase ( not 25-50 sets group buy )

Edited by DaanGTR

I'll find out if the 330mm can be done any cheaper, either way currently /w ADR lines it's still cheaper than you can get anywhere else :)

Post up when you are firm and on the list you shall go!

Ash,

Is there a better price for the 330mm?

I've already got 2 sets of 33gtr wheels with semi's & have no intention of ever going bigger, I'm pretty sure I won't fit the 356mm kit in.

A few more questions:

I already have braided ADR approved lines, will the lengths be right to work with these or are they custom? Any cheaper without the lines? If they are the same I guess I can just ebay them to someone else but would like to know before I sell them off thinking they are a direct fit for standard brakes.

What is the price/availability for replacement discs? Are any other readily available 2pce discs interchangeable? (eg. DBA)

I would be after the race pad, I thought I first read Ferodo DS2500? is this correct or are they generic, no further information given?

I'm already running R34gtt brakes on the 32, had to drill mounting holes out to 14mm(?), that would mean I order a kit to suit 34 Gtt correct?

Does anything else need to be done to bias to get maximum performance out of these, at the moment I'm locking the rears on the track since I fitted the 34 brakes, I haven't changed anything from standard, are these more likely to exacerbate the problem or remedy .

Cheers,

Rob

Picture me waving my fist Rob :laugh:

Ok...

1. Price - Not yet. Aaron is following up on this. We only got back from SAU Nats a couple days ago.

2. They will be the same lengths as that of the kit. Every kit/model has differences so the ADR lines will be made to match what would come with the kit.

3. It won't be any cheaper without the brake lines as the need to be bulk purchased in order to get decent pricing as part of the GB for everyone.

4. Import Monster can organise this easily. They are readily available. I'll find out a price when i can... You can use AP Rotors, but of course you will need to lube up if you want too. I found the rotors the kit comes with to be exceptional and were fine in my R33 GTR and you know how i drove that :)

5. DS2500 was simply discussion earlier, the pads will be the generic D2 Racing pad. I've used the "Street" version and it was quite decent.

6. If you are already running R34 - you will need R34 kit as you've said, the mount is different etc.

7. Bias - I was running stock R33 BMC with front only - never had an issue (no-one else does either). Sounds like you just need to upgrade to a R33 BMC and then put them front only and it should be A-OK given a Skyline is very front heavy the rears aren't a "must have" to balance.

Lemme know of anything else mate.

Picture me waving my fist Rob :laugh:

Is this fist waving above or below desk?? Not sure if I want to picture the later. :3some:

Sweet as, thanks Ash. You answered everything for now.

Re. brake bias, on closer inspection maybe I have a brake booster from an ABS 300ZX that is slightly different from standard. Don't know if its related. ABS is disconnected at the moment due to a damaged sensor from the nose of the rear diff, been chasing a replacement but not having much luck finding an ABS 32 diff that isn't from a 4wd car. I haven't been able to confirm whether S14/15 or R33 gtst diff sensor is a straight fit either but may be an option.

Cheers

Ok updates are as follows, please read them carefully as it jumps around.

I will include them into the first post (where appropriate), so laying them out clearly in this post so people don't miss them that are reading the updates.

1. Those purchasing Rear Brake Kits

Each Rear Kit will count for an extra "slot" of the GB. This will aid in getting the first 25 sets out to you guys to speed it up :)

2. Rear Brake Option/Pricing

REAR rotor setup - 330mm disc / 4 piston caliper - ADR Lines to suit. The rotor is not the same as the "330mm front" as it allows for handbrake (as already posted in this thread).

Price: $1800 inc ADR lines (RRP is $1950, no ADR lines).

You can get a larger than 330mm if you like, but Skylines are very front bias, everyone usually does a 356mm/330mm front/rear so hence that's the only option being listed to keep the balance right. If you'd like something larger PM me and I'll go through that with you as I don't want to cloud the thread too much.

3. 330mm FRONT Kit Pricing

Pricing for the 330mm FRONT kit is: $1700 inc ADR lines

4. Race Pads

Those wanting Race Pads - It costs an extra $220 to upgrade from the "Street" pad to the "Race" pad as part of your kit.

So if you want Race Pad you need to advise if you are OK with this. (RRP: $250 for upgrade). This also applies to the rear kits as well (so $440 total).

Apologies for the pricing change here. Wasn't made clear to me initially.

5. 380mm FRONT Kit Offering

380mm FRONT kit is now also on offer. Price is $2500 inc ADR lines

6. Non-Standard Caliper Colour

This can be done - cost is $150 extra over the standard colours listed in the first post

I think that's it guys, anything else post up. If you guys that were waiting on rear sets and other things could confirm ASAP, would be good :)

Postage costs will be available hopefully tomorrow arvo for everyone for Major Metro centres (Bris, Melb, Adel etc), covering around 20-25km from the CBD area.

Anyone outside that postage is no problem, just have to post up and Aaron will track down a quote.

Will also have box weight/dimensions so people can do their own research, although Import Monster bulk freight pricing is very hard to beat ;)

Hey Guys I've given Ash the info on shipping prices and of course we're more than happy for you to arrange your own pickups if wanted. The prices we've quoted are fully insured against loss and/or damage so that's just one thing to keep in mind when shopping around - all freight companies are not created equal!

I've been running a set of these brakes for about 5 years now, so it was time to change the pads and rotors. Cheap and easy to do, I've posted a DIY here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/414681-diy-replacing-pads-and-rotors-on-d2g4attkd-etc-8-piston-brakes/

Hey Guys I've given Ash the info on shipping prices and of course we're more than happy for you to arrange your own pickups if wanted. The prices we've quoted are fully insured against loss and/or damage so that's just one thing to keep in mind when shopping around - all freight companies are not created equal!

And here it is for everyone @ home. I've updated first post as well. I gotta say, pretty damn good pricing here as well.

Kit Dimensions:

D2 Front 8 piston kit 356mm

Dimensions: 66 x 43 x 27

Weight: 36.5KG

Shipping Pricing:

Sydney $38 for one set and $120 for 5 sets

Perth $70 for one set and $350 for 5 sets

Adelaide $38 for one set and $120 for 5 sets

Hobart $68 for one set and $320 for 5 sets

Darwin $105 for one set and $390 for 5 sets

Brisbane $55 for one set and $200 for 5 sets

Canberra $45 forn one set and $180 for 5 sets

All of the above prices carry full insurance coverage against loss or damage. There are cheaper shipping options for some, but they are not fully insured.

I've been running a set of these brakes for about 5 years now, so it was time to change the pads and rotors. Cheap and easy to do, I've posted a DIY here: http://www.skylinesa...-piston-brakes/

I was waiting for a "Hello, this is DOG" meme photo :laugh:

Good DIY, very handy for people on the GB - top work!