SAU Community

Full-Race Ets-Pro Centre Diff Torque Split Controller Install Into R32 Gtr

Blue32

Or maybe the wires to the control knob are crossed. See what it does when turned all the way to the right. Sounds like it's getting a crossed signal somewhere and system is being told give full pressure.

Ah yeah that's true too - I'll pull the whole lot out and have a look to make sure everything is attached correctly. I did it per the PDF in this thread but I could very easily have stuffed something up :)

front diff seems to be working overtime even when dialled back? When the car is cold and I reverse out of my driveway, the front of the car hops around a lot when I turn the wheel....almost feels like it wants to break something...didn't do that prior to installing the ETS Pro...I have a Nismo 1.5 way in the front.

more than likely everything is fine, but the 1.5way Nismo LSD is locking/unlocking to cause that vibration. Definitely a good idea to check wiring but I suspect its the clutches in your front lsd

sound exactly like the symptoms I had when TPS wires were wrong way round. If it does it when ETS is in RWD then I'd say it's mechanical.

hi, could you clarify what was wrong with the TPS? It is only a single output, 0-5V reference

Had a hyper tune intake with single throttle body. Replaced TPS but got wrong one. Was able to calibrate with motec but it was giving 5v at zero throttle and 0v WOT. When reversing it's the same as JH32 explained.

But tight diff is logical. Especially the Nismo. I had 1.5 Nismo in the rear and was tight as f###

• Like 1

more than likely everything is fine, but the 1.5way Nismo LSD is locking/unlocking to cause that vibration. Definitely a good idea to check wiring but I suspect its the clutches in your front lsd

If I disable the ETS Pro though by "flicking the switch" to get into RWD, the shudder goes away.... I will try as tricstar mentioned anyhow once it's all up and running again and report back :)

I was talking to a mate last night about how tunable the ETS - pro is and it reminded me of something. My gtr had an OS giken 2 way in the front and when I first installed the ETS-pro I had the same problem. So I down loaded the software and plugged the unit into my laptop and reduced the preload, problem solved.

I'm surprised that wasn't your first suggestion Geoff?

So I'd try that before pulling it all out.

• 3 months later...

Hi Geoff,

so in rear wheel drive mode the solenoid has 0% applied and at full locked up is set is at 100% .

Just curious as I was looking at making a LSD display to indicate the split load rear to front

EG :: 70% REAR, 30% FRONT.

More accurate for the end user rather than having the back light dim and brighten as an indication as to where you maybe set at when the adjustment changed.

Regards

Dave.

Edited by supercharged88

Hi all,

does anyone have this software you can send me please.

My email is [email protected]

I am running a Windows 7 OS laptop that I use for tuning only,

This has Windows 7 - 64 bit.

I have tried downloading the software over and over and I keep getting the following error.

I would very much appreciate if someone can pass on the download.

I forgot to mention I have loaded the USB software and works fine.

Kind

Regards

Dave.

post-51830-0-66976400-1444726585_thumb.gif

Edited by supercharged88

Hi Geoff,

so in rear wheel drive mode the solenoid has 0% applied and at full locked up is set is at 100% .

Just curious as I was looking at making a LSD display to indicate the split load rear to front

EG :: 70% REAR, 30% FRONT.

More accurate for the end user rather than having the back light dim and brighten as an indication as to where you maybe set at when the adjustment changed.

Regards

Dave.

Hi Dave, the correct way to do this is to read xfer Pressure (0-238psi) - Installing the pickup at the back of the transmission is not too hard to do, and ive seen an adaptor posted online for this:

91146d1437076729t-ets-pro-center-diff-to

Hi all,

does anyone have this software you can send me please.

My email is [email protected]

I am running a Windows 7 OS laptop that I use for tuning only,

This has Windows 7 - 64 bit.

I have tried downloading the software over and over and I keep getting the following error.

I would very much appreciate if someone can pass on the download.

I forgot to mention I have loaded the USB software and works fine.

Kind

Regards

Dave.

from the electrical engineers, please let me know if this works for you:

cleardot.gif

"I recommend to download from this link (V1.1):

http://dccdpro.com/main/wp-content/downloads/DCCDPro.rar

Then extract the two files and keep them in one folder. run the .exe and if Windows 7 or 8 need to run in compatibility mode.

If they use this link(V1.2):

http://dccdpro.com/main/wp-content/downloads/DCCDPro.exe

Run the .exe and if Windows 7 or 8 need to run in compatibility mode.

I have checked and all are in good shape.

the ETS-Pro maintains a low duty cycle and never fully opens/disconnects the clutchpacks, to keep 4wd response instantaneous. when you switch to RWD it goes to 0 duty and the clutchpack is fully open, there is no load on the diff.

Does this mean the clutch packs are always slipping and does this accelerate wear appreciably?

^^No. If you look at R33 and R34 oem the system will do this. The result is no lag in torque split response. Compared to R32 where the oem computer is very old and outdated, very slow response times due to the pressure dropping off too far. If you have a very high power application and are concerned about xfer case, it is a good idea to install a cooler and/or consider adding an 11th plate/disc to the wet clutch

Edited by Full-Race Geoff

Thanks Gary, I do indeed have an R32 so hence very interested in the system. Was just concerned that - particularly in the case of the 32 - making a system that has x duty then run constantly at x+1 will break or wear something exponentially.

Power levels not withstanding, from what you're saying can I take it that this won't be an issue?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Geoff

I am really keen on installing one of these.  Is it best to purchase from full race website direct?  

Any workshop in Victoria you know who is experienced in installing the system and check to make sure it operates as intended

Thanks

Matt

Edited by tangomatt