SAU Community

Full-Race Ets-Pro Centre Diff Torque Split Controller Install Into R32 Gtr

Blue32

Glad I found this topic.  I recently ordered an ETS Pro for my R32 and after finishing up the wiring last night I was puzzled as to why I had an error light and no gauge movement.  I desperately need that light gone and jumping gauge to feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  Just ordered an 8ohm resistor off Amazon to throw between the original solenoid leads.  I also love how by just pulling and reseating the ATTESA connectors my car jumps between a code 18 or a code 21.  Gotta love these old machines.

• 5 months later...
On 12/12/2012 at 3:09 PM, SimonR32 said:

Ripped out the interior and did some other things and then went to install the ETS-Pro, the length of cable for the G-sensor is way too short to run between rear parcel shelf to where I wanted to locate it (where the stock G-sensor is located) so I gave up. Geoff it might be worth making that cable longer, I think mine was well under 1m long so no real chance of either getting from behind the dash to the middle of the car or the rear parcel shelf to the middle of the car.

I'm in the process of installing one of these. I have to say that its very disappointing, that 4+ years after this was brought to race-pace's attention, the G sensor cable is still only around a metre long and is not detachable like the controller interface (the on off button/2wd-4wd switch/0-50 split pot). It really limits the configuration flexibility. RacePace-Can you please at least add another metre of G-sensor cable in future. It'll cost you a dollar. Thanks

-D

Hi, thank you for the feedback. We are always looking for improvement to our products and take all ideas into consideration.  In fact due to customer feedback, we recently updated ETS-Pro with the option for a 2nd microprocessor board for wheelspeed inputs. this improves performance in auto mode during low traction launches.

Most of our customers seem happy with the units and have not complained about this.  .  please answer whether the same green connector used for the other switches (image attached) is suitable for your installation?

4wire-con.jpg

image7.jpeg

Edited by Full-Race Geoff

• 5 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread. I just installed one of these on my R32 GTR. It seems to work fine, however for some reason the 4WD light comes on after a decent corner. I'm not sure why. I installed a dummy load across the ATESSA computer as per the manual. I used 2x15Ohm 10W in parallel which is 7.5 Ohm. I measured the same resistance of the factory solenoid. Any ideas? I kept the TPS signal going to the old computer. Maybe that is confusing it.

• 4 months later...