SAU Community

Anyone use Winmax pads?

Hi,

looking around for pads I have heard lots of opinions on pads, but since my current ones squeal at low speed, and generate lots of dust, I dont want the Ultimates, the RB74's sound OK (but have also heard problems with poor wear rate and material adhesion after the 1st 50% of wear). The Endless and PAgids are $$$$ so I had been scouting the netsellers and found "Winmax sport" at BElperformance (http://www.belperformance.com.au/specials.php) for $190.

Bel claim they are comparable to Endless NA-S with 0 - 650C temp rating, and that they have fitted several pairs to Skylines.

Has anyone used these?

Google search finds lots of japanese skylines with them (the sites in Japanese) but I cant tell what they use.

Thoughts?

Ned

the crazy TODA 2 litre Type-R that was at REXNET's recent wakefield trackday was using the WINMAX brakes. Ran all day without fade - lap times were ~ 1min 11.5 sec - very quick for NA car, and very heavy braking.

Type-R is lighter, but with a temp range up to 600+ deg, I don't think it'll be a problem for skylines. I ran Endless SSS for all of last year, 0-530 deg on my R32 GTST. Lasted almost 10 trackdays (8 wakefield, 2 EC) and I still have around 40% left. Believe me, I brake pretty hard, so if the SSS can take it, I think the pads ur talking bout should be good, with extra temp margin too.

Recently ran some Ferodo Formula brakes pads on the front of my R33.

They are rated at to 650 deg C, but also work when cold.

I ran them out at Calder and found them very progressive pulling the car up consistantly from 190km at the end of the straight.

Bought them BGT in Hawthorn at $160.

Great value.

I have winmax most likely on my brakes (ask Eric, I got NFI what are actually on there).

Tony (silver r33, red motor, carbon bonnet, bronze TE37).

Holds up well at Wakefield. They don't squeal unless you heat them up and hammer them.

T.

hehe Tony, ur probably running the Winmax Sports pads that BEL is selling right now -

$190 incl fitting according to website, awesome value. fei chai's endless VN8500 on his S15 cost $190 pads alone last time, and that only goes up to 300 deg!

i find that my old faithful Endless SSS doesn't squeal until after a trackday. Endless NA-R squeals full time, very loudly... but so awesome on track :P next year i'll try CC-X or something hehehe.

HI ,

just to follow up - I did get the Winmax pads and are happy with them so far!

NOw after a week of use, I feel I can report on them.

The initial bite in the 1st few mm of travel is very good, as it means that in slow traffic, you only just brush the brakes.

AT higher speed on a twisty road, they are equally as good, washing off speed with light touches, so they inspire confidence as you enter the next corner.

At moderate speed (60km/h) they can feel a little wooden, but not much.

Overall I am pretty happy, as the best thing is that they make NO NOISE. 1st brake application in the morning, i get a little squeak from them , then its quiet - nice !!

I cant really comment on the dust as i still have tons of it over the rims from the last pads.

Ned