SAU Community

Beware - R34 Gtr For Sale In Sydney

no. 168/180 MP3

Chassis: BNR34 006724

Model code: GGJPRWYR34ZDA1BK-D

produced: 04/2000

Type: GTR/V

interesting little site i came accross when i googled the chassis number...has all the MP3 vins.

http://www.midnightpurple3.com/HP/R34GTR/MEMO.html

Edited by wedge_r34gtr

Would be worth taking that auction sheet in and offering to burn it there and drive out for $30k.. Or next stop is Motor/Wheels, Performance Imports etc.. It's still a rare car, and as he is selling it he has to offer warranty.

I see the problem here...none of you guys read the disclaimer at the bottom of the website :)

Mileage and availability are subject to change at any time by Allimports due to the number of stocks

Well that's what it used to say...before they changed it :P

But why are people calling this car a lemon ? Have you driven it ? KM dont mean anything its how the car is used eg low km track whore or high km highway cruiser.

No-one is calling it a lemon.

It's clearly been falsely advertised.

this is a real eye opener thread, i wonder how many imports have been highly modified then striped and returned to stock, i have the auction papers for mine and kms arnt low anyway, but ive often wondered about the apexi boost controller that has been wired up to a switch to have some temporary high boost when the turbo would of been stock when imported, maybe it has double the km's and has been on a track :closedeyes:

You would think people should be intelligent enough to realise that it's just as easy for any Japanese owner of a GTR to swap an aftermarket cluster for the original, then back again when the time comes to sell as it is for an Aussie owner.

I wouldn't trust the odometer readings of 90% of GTR's on the road. Just as easy to falsify odometers on many other cars. Dodgy, lying, car dealers and members of the public going to great lengths to scam a few ( thousand / tens of thousands ) dollars.

I always say...judge a car by the condition of it's interior. How someone treats the space they have to work within, is a good reflection of how much they care about the rest of the machine. It will show signs of respect, care and cleaning/maintenance of the vehicle...or a lack of these.

The manual JZZ30 I imported years ago came with doily patterned seat covers on the front and rear - not really the marque of someone who has given the thing a hard time. From the moment I saw these, I knew the 117,000km I imported it with would be genuine. Even if they weren't, it didn't matter, the vehicle turned out to be mechanically perfect. People wind back odos on Australian cars too, so this kind of logic should apply to all cars you buy anywhere.

Very interesting and informative thread for noobs like me :)... got me thinking though.... lol

I recently bought a 96 r33 gtr from a sydney dealership (parramatta rd Sports A--- G----) Im not sure if im allowed to mention names or not. Anyways the car has 56XXXkm, car is completely stock besides exhaust and a mini disc player that says something in japanese everytime i start the car.

The interior is immaculate condition and the engine bay looks really clean, no missing clips/bolts etc. First time buying a car from dealer so didnt really ask for auction papers or what not, i was just too excited about the car :wub: .

Any other ways of finding out if these kms are legit...

Thanks for the link to the MPIII stuff. Nice to see my car on the list :-)

I actually thought they made 300, so it was news to me they only made 180..

Does anyone know what front bar is on the car in question in the pics.. I only ask because my has the same and I was not sure what it was. Many thanks.

no. 168/180 MP3

Chassis: BNR34 006724

Model code: GGJPRWYR34ZDA1BK-D

produced: 04/2000

Type: GTR/V

interesting little site i came accross when i googled the chassis number...has all the MP3 vins.

http://www.midnightp...34GTR/MEMO.html

That's a pretty cool site..

I own number 146/180

I've also got 4 more auction sheets for MPIII 34's, most showing rust and or repair.

These were the other 4 that came through in the year or so I was waiting for mine..

56xxx on a 18yr car from a sydney dealership....assume it HAD a 1 in front of the 56.

LOL

nismo z-tune (style) front bar

Incorrect - Yes it is nismo/nismo-style, but it is in fact the nimso version 1 bar otherwise known as the

r-tune front bar :)

Edited by Iron Mike

It still amazes me how people can see kms in the order of 50,000 on 12+ year old cars and think they're genuine. Seriously....? almost EVERY GTR or import out there has had its kms wound back. Not all, but most. Take one look at the Japanese auctions now. 15 year old skylines with 65,000 km, 16 year old supras with 43,000km...... The problem is Japanese cars wear the kilometres so well - all that's required to up the price by 40% is a quick swap-out of any cheap worn interior parts, and a cut & polish.

Japan's small enough to have cars driven in short distances. Plus being a sports car, they could be respected by most enthusiasts and driven rarely.

Question is if they're tampered here or over there.

It still amazes me how people can see kms in the order of 50,000 on 12+ year old cars and think they're genuine. Seriously....? almost EVERY GTR or import out there has had its kms wound back. Not all, but most. Take one look at the Japanese auctions now. 15 year old skylines with 65,000 km, 16 year old supras with 43,000km...... The problem is Japanese cars wear the kilometres so well - all that's required to up the price by 40% is a quick swap-out of any cheap worn interior parts, and a cut & polish.

Genuine low km cars do exist, but you have to pay through the nose for them. The problem with buyers who spend top dollar and get genuine low-km cars from Japan is that when the time comes to sell, asking $55K for a V-Spec with a legit 50,000km is impossible when old mate down at Dodgy Brothers is selling them with wound back odometers for $45K with a 12-month warranty.

Simon to answer your question, the question is not where it is done, but who by ;) Export certificates list odometer readings every two years now, which has all but wiped out odometer tampering on the domestic market in Japan (gauge cluster swaps excepted - but even then that is noted).