SAU Community

My Bad Luck.

ZiAzon

This is my first post and well, I'll be damned. I bought a Skyline R33 GTST Sedan 6 days ago... I crashed it today... Don't know what happened but I damn suspect HICAS...

The only friggin time I'm not being an idiot, I crash my car.

Just thought I'd share...

For those who want to know what happened, I was driving along Albany Highway and got to the set of lights for the on ramp for Tonkin Highway heading towards Welshpool... It was a red light so I stopped. When it turned green, I started turning, wasn't speeding or trying to get the back end out, was only doing about 40 by the time I cleared the turn. When the car straightened up, all of a sudden te back end kicked out to the left (I was on the outside lane) and I tried to correct... Then it corrected and I was over correcting... I spun out and hit the wall...

Talk about bad luck... I had just paid the rego as well. f**k my life.

How's everyone?

Also have know idea if insurance will repair it, the front bumper is half off, radiator is busted along with transmission cooler, lights are out of place, battery probably f**ked, fuse box may be gone, driver side fender is crumpled and the crumple zone crumple on driver fender side, driver door isn't quite in place and the read driver side fender is dented. The fan maybe be f**ked as well... Wheels seem fine and car starts up...

From my understanding of it, HICAS can come into play at low speeds to help smooth out a turn. I've also read, that it can angle up to 10 degrees but is limited to up to 0.3 degrees for high speeds.

But even if it wasn't HICAS, I never hit boost and was under 3000 revs at the time. I also checked the road and there was no oil slicks or debris that could of caused me to kick out as such.

Oh well, if the important stuff isn't damaged eg. Engine, steering column, suspension... I'll get it repaired and maybe chuck on a new bodykit instead of sourcing out original parts, maybe a carbon fibre hood.

If anyone knows of a good repair shop, please let me know. I want quality over price. I don't mind chipping out to fix this.

Damn popo... Don't they have anything better to do with their time? I mean seriously. It's just a hood. It's not as if I have a stash of drugs or illegal firearms or a nuclear device stashed in my engine bay... They should go do something more productive with their time like umm tracking and arresting thieves, murderers, rapists, kidnappers and such... Not people who drive cars that look and perform boss.

An update: Car is at panel beaters at the moment, will be for 2 weeks or so, costing me $4000, and then another 1.5-2k for a bodykit (I opted to do this since it seemed like the best time to fit one). The guy however said to not get a bodykit from carmate saying that fitting it will be a nightmare, so where is the best place in Australia to get one? I'm looking for a full M-Sport bodykit including fenders and a Fiberglass or CF (coloured) hood.

Edited by ZiAzon

• 2 weeks later...

FARKEN LOL

you blame hicas for your accident. Maybe you were just being a complete tool and don't want to admit it?

Or maybe you simply can not drive like 99.9% of Perth drivers.

FARKEN LOL

you blame hicas for your accident. Maybe you were just being a complete tool and don't want to admit it?

Or maybe you simply can not drive like 99.9% of Perth drivers.

Implying 50% of those other 99.9% can drive any better. LOL.