SAU Community

Rb25Det D-Jetro Power Fc

MJTru

Hi i would like to know if anyone has tried the rb25det D-jetro Power FC as yet. (R33 RB25DET)

1. what is the MAP sensor limits 1 2 3 bars?

2. Can i still use the AFM if needed.

3. Is there launch control.

4. Can the old Data logger work with it. or software update needed??

5. what do you guys think about it.????

thanks for your time and consideration.

He was asking if it was the one that Nengun are advertising. I was going to purchase the same one, but Callan explained to me what it was and made it a bit weary.

::EDIT::

Yeah they do, Scradly... Check it out on the Nengun website.

I have always love the power FC just because it’s a vehicle specific stand alone, and easy to tune. I have Motec and Haltech PS2000 ecu's, but want the D-jetro model power FC. I tune them myself.

yes mate the one from neugun. they on ebay to, and poping up all over slowly.

were is Paulr33 he is a Power FC guru. lol

come on mate keep it comeing.

Edited by MJTru

I was asking so I wasn't providing answers for

something different..........

As far as I remember its a 2 bar map sensor

There is no launch control

You can use afm if you want

No idea but fc edit should work

They are a re-flashed 26 d-jetro and if you do the data init you have to send it back to nengun so they can re-flash it. Other then that you get everything to make it work on a 25 with map and IAT

That is interesting Mate, talk about a turn off. I got a rb26 Power fc to work on a rb25 and i had to use a MSD trigger switch to retain the VTC. But that was on a L-jetro. I also have a D-jetro rb26 power fc. now i'm woundering if i should try to make that work insted. I hacked a extenstion harness that goes inbetween the ecu and the factory harness. I should still have the harness.

Do you know it the unit will have VTC, even after reflashing it. ?

if its a 2 bar map is it x 2???

i see a video on youtube by nugum, you can check it out.

thanks a million for the info. anyone else. Were is the guru paul R33 he has to update the Power FAQ with this unit. lol

Paul probably doesn't know much more then what I've told you as I dont think anyone who has bought one has put the information to paul or put it in a public forum.

I looked for answers and nearly bought one and was going to provide these answers to Paul but I didn't get a tax return that year so didn't worry about it.

Thanks mate i will do the same, having APEXI reflash a gtr power fc is ok with me, as long as they stand by their name. The only thing i want to conform is if the, fact that if you reinitialize it, I will have to send it back to APEXI to reprogram??? This makes no sense in my head, and BE Apexi they wouldn’t do that because it just simply makes no sense as to many units will be sitting in their offices. If you listen to the video, he mentioned that people mess up the settings and send it back, and all they most of the time do is reinitialize it.

will update as soon as i kill The old FC reasults, and unit arrives.

Thanks mate i will do the same, having APEXI reflash a gtr power fc is ok with me, as long as they stand by their name. The only thing i want to conform is if the, fact that if you reinitialize it, I will have to send it back to APEXI to reprogram??? This makes no sense in my head, and BE Apexi they wouldn’t do that because it just simply makes no sense as to many units will be sitting in their offices. If you listen to the video, he mentioned that people mess up the settings and send it back, and all they most of the time do is reinitialize it.

will update as soon as i kill The old FC reasults, and unit arrives.

I told you, you have to send it to Nengun to get reflashed, not Apexi.

Nengun reflash it to work

It's not a problem as long as you dont do data init. There's no need to do it as long as it stays on the same car and the idle learn is done correct first time

only a 2 bar map sensor... so one bar of boost and your back to old limiting issues of the L anyway...

what a way to waste your cash... just get a decent ecu and run 2 fuel maps at least then you can have a 3 bar map sensor.

Hi i would like to know if anyone has tried the rb25det D-jetro Power FC as yet. (R33 RB25DET)

1. what is the MAP sensor limits 1 2 3 bars?

the apexi standard map sensor is a 3 bar map sensor. but dont be fooled. this doesnt mean you can run 3 bar boost.

map sensors (all not just apexi's one) are rated in total pressure and not positive pressure or "boost"

3 bar map sensor means -1kgcm2 for vacuum and +2 bar for positive pressure

so if you want to run more than 2 bar boost using the apexi kit you need to change the map sensor and recale it using datalogit

2. Can i still use the AFM if needed.

no you cant. models are fixed. ljetro is afm, djetro is map. you cant mix and match or change

3. Is there launch control.

no there is not

4. Can the old Data logger work with it. or software update needed??

yes datalogit will work

5. what do you guys think about it.????

same as ljetro but with map sensor input instead of airflow meter

some tuners swear by apexi djetro and others hate it with passion

ive heard more good stories and tuners talking good about it vs those talking bad

the main thing that is crucial is the installation, dont f**k with the install or be a spaz

read the instructions and install it as per how apexi intended it to be installed

most issues come back to how its installed

sorry and just to check also is the an APEXI legit product or a special nengun release?

i always questioned this and it wasnt clear

IF its a legit APEXI release you should be able to DATA INIT when ever you like

If its a non legit release and you have to send it back when you want do DATA INIT each time I would advise caution with this product

this sounds worrying and i would not purchase this. DATA INIT can help to fix f**ked idle and other issues

there should be no reason a legit Apexi purcahse requires re-send to supplier to do DATA INIT

youve been warned and i would question this

this sounds like its a BCNR33 powerfc djetro with a special remap to make it work on ECR33

vs a legit ECR33 powerfc djetro version where you can DATA INIT as much as you like

it doesnt make sense because DATA INIT would load from its nvram