SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

i suggest to change the oil pump too ,

my r34 motor oil pump died on me at 8000 rpm at 620hp to the wheel, u dont want that to happen to u and need to take the motor out again :)

Yep, no way I am taking that risk!!

I think the brand new Tomei oil pump was one of my first additions to the ever growing parts pile...

Must have missed putting a photo or two up of it...will get onto that ASAP

A few more additions below:

1. Hi Octane cam cover baffles

IMG_5724.JPG

2. Hi Octane Racing custom oil/air separator (still 1 x fitting to be added + painting)

IMG_5721.JPG

Reimax oil pump gears in the standard pump is a great option too

Never really got time to look into this option. Mechanic said get the Tomei pump or otherwise dry sump it!! Brand new Tomei pump came up at an unreal price so that was that...

Looking good, Welsh plugs - all new - yes? and all hoses, under inlet all new - yes? You don't want to be playing under that side after!

Ha these are probably the last two items on my list! Have been struggling with part number for hoses under plenum for weeks...

Another critical item complete!

Capacity increased to 8L whilst retaining standard pick-up and sump depth

IMG_5710.JPG

IMG_5711.JPG

IMG_5713.JPG

Will get some motor progress pics this weekend hopefully

Reimax oil pump gears in the standard pump is a great option too

Never really got time to look into this option. Mechanic said get the Tomei pump or otherwise dry sump it!!Brand new Tomei pump came up at an unreal price so that was that...

Looking good, Welsh plugs - all new - yes? and all hoses, under inlet all new - yes?  You don't want to be playing under that side after!

Ha these are probably the last two items on my list! Have been struggling with part number for hoses under plenum for weeks...

Another critical item complete! Capacity increased to 8L whilst retaining standard pick-up and sump depth

Will get some motor progress pics this weekend hopefully

Looks promising...great to see you playing out your vision! When you expecting to turn the key? :cheers:

Ah cheers Steve. Motor is currently going back together and MAYBE will be done by EOY, but that's a BIG maybe...really trying not to rush any aspect of the build

I think she have come a long come the end of Jan..but turn key may not be until March at earliest..will depend on paint work progress

Haven't got too much left to get ordered/sorted so starting to get excited!!

think i know where this car is. did you buy a remote off me at sone point?

Chris, not sure what you mean mate, I haven't bought a remote from you...?

Few more parts to add to the pile:

1. gktech Solid rear subframe bushes

IMG_5781.JPG

2. gktech billet hicas cancel bar

IMG_5785.JPG

3. gktech solid steering shaft spacer

IMG_5786.JPG

If you need help grabbing part numbers for hoses I should be able to help out.

Cheers Michael. Will shoot you a PM when I get organised

Couple of items getting fitted up and organised:

1. Tomei sump baffle

IMG_5822.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

2. The infamous Tomei oil pump

IMG_5824.JPG

IMG_5825.JPG

IMG_5826.JPG

Motor is now in the hands of 'the Mechanic' who has been my rock thus far. Crank back from crack/hardness tested, linished, size checked, nose ground/collar fitted, gallery plugs drilled/tapped.

IMG_5828.JPG

IMG_5832.JPG

IMG_5833.JPG

Off to be balanced this week...

Who are you using to rebuild motor?

PM sent

Thought I should share the most important piece of my build design concept:

IMG_5838.JPG

I came across this old school metal HKS emblem in a local Jap wreckers and got it thrown in with a Nismo flywheel (which is now subsequently not not needed and is FOR SALE - PM me for details) I purchased...

I have always loved the signature colours of HKS (green & purple) and have used this emblem as a basis for my complete engine bay design and with the car in general...

Will let the photos do the talking...updates coming soon

Edited by $$slowmedown

PM sent

Thought I should share the most important piece of my build design concept:

IMG_5838.JPG

I came across this old school metal HKS emblem in a local Jap wreckers and got it thrown in with a Nismo flywheel (which is now subsequently not not needed and is FOR SALE - PM me for details) I purchased...

I have always loved the signature colours of HKS (green & purple) and have used this emblem as a basis for my complete engine bay design and with the car in general...

Will let the photos do the talking...updates coming soon

They happen to have anymore of those stickers? Possibly without the yellow background?

They happen to have anymore of those stickers? Possibly without the yellow background?

Haha GOLD background you mean?! I wish man...this was the only one and I was frothing ha, right place right time!

Just read your build thread. Nice write up man, way to keep the suspense.

Its refreshing to see people giving to original Godzilla the attention they well deserve :)

Cheers Tim. Haha yeah doing my best to keep you guys interested...hopefully will live up to my expectations

I like your attitude mate, I know it will be worth it but seriously the time and money is out of this world

Dug out the hot side set-up I picked up a while ago:

1. Custom made Enzed braided oil/water lines

IMG_5806.JPG

2. Ceramic coated OEM heat shields

IMG_5807.JPG

3. Ceramic coated HKS dumps & OEM manifolds (manifolds have been cleaned up to improve flow)

IMG_5810.JPG

IMG_5809.JPG

4. 'the twins' near new Garrett 2860-7's, ceramic coated exhaust housings, new Garrett actuators

IMG_5812.JPG

IMG_5814.JPG

IMG_5815.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

IMG_5820.JPG

Nice...

Cheers bra

Few items arrived in from the 'land of rising sun' last week...

1. HKS intercooler piping kit (will be updating to different colour Samco joiners)

IMG_5840.JPG

2. Modified OEM y-pipe

IMG_5844.JPG

IMG_5845.JPG

3. Cusco brake master brace (will be painted)

IMG_5849.JPG

4. Bulk new genuine Nissan parts

IMG_5852.JPG

IMG_5853.JPG

5. Brand new genuine OEM indicators

IMG_5883.JPG

These guys are heading off tomorrow with a mate for an extended stay in Japan...

Going under the 'knife' along with some others for an extensive upgrade! One word/acronym 'LED'

Can wait to see them all together again ha

Will hopefully get bulk motor progress pics this weekend....