SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

Its hard to believe how big the RB26 engine is until its out of the car. Keep up the great work, will watch this build with interest

That's what I was thinking...some decent weight in it too. Cheers David, I just keep thinking of the end result...

Hopefully she turns out to what I have in my head

Well done man good to see another GTR getting the love it deserves. My engine took me 3 days to remove the first time although 8 hours of that was trying to split the gearbox from the motor (had no idea about the pull type clutch fork lol) But dont worry it gets better everytime you do it. Only took me 5 hours last time although i did cheat a bit and cut out the radiator support and leave the gearbox on.......

Thanks Brodie. Yeah just hope I get it right. Can't wait to get some shots of the motor when it's done, pushing to have it done by year end....

8 hours!! Man you have more patience than me. Really hoping I only have to do this once...and do it right.

what are your plans while the engine is out? rebuild or just a freshen up with new bearings/sump baffles/gaskets etc?

Hey mate. Ahhhh a BIG question.... I will let the photos tell the story...

Once motor is done all will be revealed...stay tuned

Few more goodies to keep things flowing....enjoy

1. HKS drive belts, Sard radiator & billet oil filler cap

IMG_5774.JPG

2. Near new genuine Nissan 444cc injectors - cleaned and flow tested

IMG_5779.JPG

3. Ruzic 4wd controller

IMG_5780.JPG

4. HKS braided brake lines

IMG_5788.JPG

5. HKS Twin Power ignition enhancer

IMG_5790.JPG

6. HKS Cirle Earth grounding kit

IMG_5795.JPG

Really can not wait until all this starts coming together......

Have been planning the engine bay alone in my head for months, not to mention the rest of the other car!!

decent start. you are doing the engine first i take it.

I am northside as well. if you need a hand with it let me know. oem parts are not an issue either if you need a siurce for them.

Cheers Chris. Yep, fully committed to a motor that is as reliable as possible given my budget/resources...

Also, hopefully the engine bay turns out to be the 'work of art' I have had pictured in my head for a long time now!

Yeah will do re OEM parts. I have most things ordered or on their way...

One thing I am struggling with is what to do with front head lights. Not sure which way to go with these? Do you the details on the N1 lights...what's the deal with them?

N1 Headlights - Kudos Motorsports. Best Price :thumbsup:

Cheers Richard. I don't really understand the benefit of the N1 headlights...can anyone provide details?

I just haven't found the time to research this item and whether it's worth spending more $$ on....

some good quality parts mate! keen to see it finished!

keep the updates coming

Cheers Damo. You and me both, really trying not to rush it...still a long way to go but should have motor ready by end of the year

And yes all parts are Japanese and Aussie made quality that will hopefully serve me well!

A couple more additions:

1. Apexi intake kit

IMG_5796.JPG

IMG_5798.JPG

2. Koyo Racing R Spec (53mm core)

IMG_5800.JPG

IMG_5802.JPG

3. Garage Defend (CF) full length radiator cooling panel

IMG_5611.JPG

IMG_5614.JPG

how much?

about $730 for the pair of N1's (Rarer)

new projectors over $1k

N1's

the inner light is the fog light, so the button on the right hand side of your dash will once again work

It probably boils down to prefrence like most things. I'll remove these pics in a few days to clean your thread.

Cheers Richard. I don't really understand the benefit of the N1 headlights...can anyone provide details?

I just haven't found the time to research this item and whether it's worth spending more $$ on....

Cheers Damo. You and me both, really trying not to rush it...still a long way to go but should have motor ready by end of the year

And yes all parts are Japanese and Aussie made quality that will hopefully serve me well!

A couple more additions:

1. Apexi intake kit

2. Koyo Racing R Spec (53mm core)

3. Garage Defend (CF) full length radiator cooling panel

what are you looking to get out of the build? power figure

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't u have to check all the clearances before ordering bearings???

;)

about $730 for the pair of N1's (Rarer)

new projectors over $1k

N1's

the inner light is the fog light, so the button on the right hand side of your dash will once again work

It probably boils down to prefrence like most things. I'll remove these pics in a few days to clean your thread.

ive heard and dont quote me that the projectors give of a better light spray what not. im keen on a set of N1 tho for my car personally

also on a side note is that colour factory? do you have the paint code?

BMW Blue water metalic - Paint code 896.

As you can see I've had both Projector and N1's.

In my experience the N1's have better light which is further improved with a quality set of higher rated Phillips globes.

I'm actually thinking of replacing the fog light globes with a higher rated phillips globe as well to see the result.

Still undecided on the HID's I have in there ATM - they need adjusting down but daylight effect at the moment.

I Can't drive behind friends because they complain, so I have to take lead :P

On builds as many say - Over spec your build and under utilise.

The ones that go bang are those pushed to the limit (often) and/or beyond once !

Did you buy the carbon fibre cooling panal locally or from straight from jap land?

Japan man, really trying to stick with Jap & Aussie made gear

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't u have to check all the clearances before ordering bearings???

Nope. Running an extra thou clearance as upgrading to Tomei oil pump

what are you looking to get out of the build? power figure

;)

Not sure mate, really not focusing on power output...trying my best to achieve reliability (given my budget/resources) as will be doing a decent amount of track work

Ok but how do u know exactly what the clearances are? It was a mass produced motor so each one can be different, I've always seen n been told to measure before ordering as each cylinder can b different

Intake side half stripped down:

IMG_5751.JPG

Hot side stripped back ready for cleaning

IMG_5753.JPG

After multiple cleans:

IMG_5755.JPG

IMG_5759.JPG

IMG_5758.JPG

IMG_5764.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5761.JPG

All loaded up for the first of many runs to 'the mechanic's'