SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

Any updates on this beast Robbie?

Not a great deal Amir....

As it would go getting the last few issues/details finished off is taking a massive amount of time. I've been flat out with other things as well as waiting on parts so the R has been spending all its time in the garage :verymad:

The noisy front end has also made driving it very very annoying, which we put down to the spherical bearing front strut tops, so my main goal has been to get this sorted asap.

New ISC tops arrived a fews ago and have only just had a chance to get them swapped out

DSC03672.JPG

DSC03660.JPG

DSC03673.JPG

DSC03681.JPG

DSC03692.JPG

Forgot to get photos of the coilovers completed with the new tops

Actually took a bit of time and a little modifying of the strut setup given the new tops are a fair amount thicker than the old ones. Again I didn't manage to get any photos, but under the foam stopper there is a tubular spacer that needed to cut 10mm and also used a couple of washers to get the spacing/height right.

There has also been issues with the Whiteline front upper arm bushes but will get into that next time.

Have the new bonnet insulator/clips for ages now and again finally got the time to get it on

DSC03682.JPG

• Like 1

Rear brace going on...FINALLY!!!!!

DSC03693.JPG

So it turned out I was the lucky one to find out that Whiteline had manufactured the bushes below out of tolerance, had to wait months for these to come through. Swapped the old ones out and re-installed. Had been been using a spare pair of Nismo UCA's in the mean time.

DSC03697.JPG

DSC03710.JPG

DSC03698.JPG

DSC03699.JPG

DSC03703.JPG

Got out for a very quick drive to test and all sounds promising....all those annoying front end sounds are gone :D

• Like 1

Hi Robbie

I'm looking at the ISC strut tops myself, can you please explain a little more about

under the foam stopper there is a tubular spacer that needed to cut 10mm and also used a couple of washers to get the spacing/height right.

Thanks

Mark

so envy. much jelouse. wow.

Ha classic Glyn

What Strut Brace is that?

Tein Anthony...they are legit :yes:

Hi Robbie

I'm looking at the ISC strut tops myself, can you please explain a little more about

under the foam stopper there is a tubular spacer that needed to cut 10mm and also used a couple of washers to get the spacing/height right.

Thanks

Mark

Hey Mark

The spacer is more relating to the coilover, in my first post on this page, look at the third photo. You will note there is around 40mm of the shaft between the polished section and where the thread starts...

The spacer (tubular) slides over the the shaft and sits on the step where the polished sections begins. It spaces up the strut top onto the thread section...otherwise as you tighten up the top nut you would just be continually tightening and loading up the spring!!

The spacer was approx. 35mm but due the ISC top being thick we cut it down to 25mm and used a couple of washers to get it just right...

In your case, it would all depend on what coilovers your looking to put the ISC tops onto...

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I was greatly honoured to check this car out today at the r32 gtr anniversary meet, truly remarkable, pristine !! Definitely my favourite car of the day hands down

Congrats mate

• Like 1

DSC03288.JPG

That rear bar, number plate light & the plate itself is some jizzworthy shit.

Mind PMing me specifics on how to set mine up like that myself? Mainly after the frame etc ~

edit: Just checked out Vplates.com.au - is that just a "Prestige" style plate mounted normally?

Edited by Cevzy

Can't wait to see this @ WTAC this year.

:thumbsup:

I was greatly honoured to check this car out today at the r32 gtr anniversary meet, truly remarkable, pristine !! Definitely my favourite car of the day hands down

Congrats mate

Cheers Michael!! Really great to meet you. Didn't even get to check out yours out...

Fkn wish there was more time and the weather wasn't junk. Hopefully we can all get out for a cruise sometime before WTAC in October??

Love this car, it's even better in real life then it is in photos

Thanks heaps Brett, was awesome you got it all together and made it!! Awesome to meet you mate.

So immaculate! Glad I got to see it in real life.

:thanks: Ravi! As above wish we could of all got to cruise together, one day...one day

That rear bar, number plate light & the plate itself is some jizzworthy shit.

Mind PMing me specifics on how to set mine up like that myself? Mainly after the frame etc ~

edit: Just checked out Vplates.com.au - is that just a "Prestige" style plate mounted normally?

Lol thanks Joesph. Yep, correct, the number plate frame is just the standard frame supplied from PPQ (personalised plates qld).

You can leave it at my place if you want..... Hell of a car.

When does work start on the next one? :woot:

Hahaha once in a lifetime didn't you know Anthony!? Thanks again mate

Awesome!

Was very happy to see that in person :)

Cheers Chris, appreciate it mate.