SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

Very nice. The camera work is as good as the build

Very lucky to have talented photographers at the meet, you know who you are, thank you kind sirs.

Hey mate what headlight globes are they? Looks great with the blue look. Cheers!

Cheers Josh, I may be biased but have to agree with you there lol. They are Philips H4 Diamond Vision.

Definetly up for a cruise again next time you come down to Sydney mate just let me know !

WTAC!!! I'll be touch soon

Few more shots from the legend himself, cheers Stefan.

SAU%2520R32GTR-4445-1280PX-WM.jpg

SAU%2520R32GTR-4454-1280PX-WM.jpgSAU%2520R32GTR-4460-1280PX-WM.jpg

SAU%2520R32GTR-4521-1280PX-WM.jpg

SAU%2520R32GTR-4488-1280PX-WM.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh my, your killing me mate ahahahahah. Very nice. Have you been driving it much? Any dramas or is it running as smooth as it looks?

Amir

Thanks again Amir. Haven't driven her much really...but saying that I did get out on some of the local hills around here on the morning of my 30th with a mate.

It was absolute pure bliss. Having the roads to ourself on cool clear morning and being able to flex ALL of the R's muscles was poetry in motion.

The car surpassed all my expectations and more, I tried my best to build this car as the 'complete package' in terms of looks, handling, braking, drive ability and smooth reliable power and I couldn't be happier.

It really is such a pleasure to drive and the way it performs on the tight, steep, twisting roads has to be experienced to be believed.

The only issues have been the front driver side tyre scrubbing on the inner guard where it screws up to the front guard. Also, she blows a little white smoke on letting off the throttle, which I think is the ageing valve stem seals.

Oh it's also blowing a bit of oil out of the rear diff breather...? Anyone else had this happen? (it's not over full)

Nice work on the restoration mate. epic result !!!

Thanks Darren

Just went through all 31 pages, I am speechless! Congratulations on making your dream a reality mate!

Thanks heaps Tommy, cheers for taking the time to view.

Was this at WTAC? i went through the entire show and shine on Saturday and didn't see it?

Absolutely gutted mate, we couldn't end up making it at the last minute which really really hurt.

Edited by $$slowmedown

Thanks again Amir. Haven't driven her much really...but saying that I did get out on some of the local hills around here on the morning of my 30th with a mate.

It was absolute pure bliss. Having the roads to ourself on cool clear morning and being able to flex ALL of the R's muscles was poetry in motion.

The car surpassed all my expectations and more, I tried my best to build this car as the 'complete' package in terms of looks, handling, braking, drive ability and smooth reliable power and I couldn't be happier.

It really is such a pleasure to drive and the way it performs on the tight, steep, twisting roads has to be experienced to be believed.

The only issues have been the front driver side tyre scrubbing on the inner guard where it screws up to the front guard. Also, she blows a little white smoke on letting of the throttle, which is the ageing valve stem seals.

Oh it's also blowing a bit of oil out of the rear differ breather...? Anyone else had this happen? (it's not over full)

Thanks Darren

Thanks heaps Tommy, cheers for taking the time to view.

Absolutely gutted mate, we couldn't end up making it at the last minute which really really hurt.

=(

Next year mate. Maybe ill get my ass into gear and enter mine as well

Ok so 31 pages of pure awesome in 3 days :thumbsup:

I wish I had have seen this sooner but I don't spend much time in the build threads, as there have been quite a few things I could have helped you with

When I removed the 4WS from mine I found a place that sales a Allen key plug for like $12 that fits directly into the pump to block that feed, will post pic of it soon, I hind sight though I should have just removed the splinter block and run the rear pump section through a oil cooler and back to the reservoir

The helper spring on the back coilover should be put on first with the seat between the two spring sliding over the shock body so to stop side way movement under no/low wieght conditions while pushing the car hard

The hose that goes from the oil cap to the catch can effectively allows the oil mist to bypass the Hi-Octane cam cover breathers, IMO all gases should leave motor via the cam cover breathers

Please don't get me wrong I have really i joyed reading this epic build and am just trying to give constructive advise for you to consider :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

Ok so 31 pages of pure awesome in 3 days :thumbsup:

I wish I had have seen this sooner but I don't spend much time in the build threads, as there have been quite a few things I could have helped you with

When I removed the 4WS from mine I found a place that sales a Allen key plug for like $12 that fits directly into the pump to block that feed, will post pic of it soon, I hind sight though I should have just removed the splinter block and run the rear pump section through a oil cooler and back to the reservoir

The helper spring on the back coilover should be put on first with the seat between the two spring sliding over the shock body so to stop side way movement under no/low wieght conditions while pushing the car hard

The hose that goes from the oil cap to the catch can effectively allows the oil mist to bypass the Hi-Octane cam cover breathers, IMO all gases should leave motor via the cam cover breathers

Please don't get me wrong I have really i joyed reading this epic build and am just trying to give constructive advise for you to consider :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. Will look into the rear coilover set up this weekend...

She's getting first oil and filter change this weekend :wub:

Also a tasty little Ti number to add...

Thanks mate. Will look into the rear coilover set up this weekend...

She's getting first oil and filter change this weekend :wub:

Also a tasty little Ti number to add...

Shotgun from Ants! mwhahha

• 2 weeks later...

First oil n filter change done after 2,500km, all looked good.

Given the sump extension/drain bolt style we had to chock up the passenger size wheels so she would drain properly

DSC04271.JPG

New Ti bonnet stay that's been sitting around for ages

DSC04272.JPG

DSC04263.JPG

DSC04267.JPG

DSC04268.JPG

DSC04269.JPG

DSC04276.JPG

• Like 1

How the fk do I post a video????????

host it somewhere, get the video link

in the reply toolbar there is a button which looks like a bluegreen square with a green line. click that and select MEDIA

paste the video link in the 2nd box.

• Like 1

Where on gods earth did you get that bonnet stay? and how much? i must have one!

Nice hey Anthony :D PM me mate.

host it somewhere, get the video link

in the reply toolbar there is a button which looks like a bluegreen square with a green line. click that and select MEDIA

paste the video link in the 2nd box.

Thank you Glyn

Just went through all 31 pages and I'm gob smacked. Probably one of the best condition bnr32 in the world! Any chance you could get a video of it revving/driving it but?

Cheers Angelo, yeah I'd like to think so!

The problem is keeping it in this kind of condition....not easy at all.

This is the only video so far...first time at the track, QR, last week. Turn the volume LOUD!!

Edited by $$slowmedown
  • Like 4