SAU Community

Removing Charcoal Canister

Hi,

I have a r34 GTT and i want to remove the charcoal canister to tidy up the engine bay.

I have tried searching and have read a bit but i'm still not positive on what needs to vent and block. From what i understand they should all be blocked besides the one coming from the tank which should be vented with a breather?

I would like to remove all the lines possible instead of just looping them together, but im not sure which line goes back to the tank. Is my diagram correct?

Also when i remove my fuel cap it makes a 'whooshing' sound (Air entering/escaping) would this mean that their is already a problem with it venting?

post-90047-0-52240200-1353999781_thumb.jpg

i relocated it into the bin and that was the end of that, i plugged one pipe into the other one that runs under your throttle body. Fixed! no cop has ever known any different as it looks stock

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi guys just wondering if i could get some info on the carbon canister for an r34 gtt.

Mine is partially disconnected and gives a terrible fuel smell when starting the car.

It has 2 metal lines running to the back of the car, then there is a vent with a one way valve on the bottom of the can  letting air in and a vacuum line running up to the manifold through a solenoid.

Am i able to remove this solenoid and connect the vac line to the air filter pipe?

A few things are changing on the car at the moment so would be easier to do this now rather than later.