SAU Community

Fugly Rego Stickers Gone

GTR-N1

As of 1/1/13 those fugly rego stickers can be ripped off - yes, even existing ones.

Until then, they need to stay on.

ACT guys have to keep theirs on until 1/7/13.

SA & WA guys are way ahead of us.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of 1/1/13 those fugly rego stickers can be ripped off - yes, even existing ones.

Birthday pressie from the ACT government - WoW

I agree peeps will leave them on for nostalga. Over time they will be collectors items

Nah, fugly means fugly!

I'd only keep it if I had an ADM GTR perhaps.

The downside of the absence of a sticker, might be when a car is dumped in your street with the plates removed.

How do you report its specifics then?

It just means that when HWP pulls you over, they'll already have...

a) in date or out of date rego details

b) owner details

c) address

Then when you're asked for your licence, you may be then asked...

i) if you're the person on this licence

ii) are you the registered owner (to determine if you're lying)

...and so on.

Stickers should be staying.

I don't care what they look like, they're "the norm"

While police setup an RBT station they always look for those stickers, you may not notice it, but they do. Now it's going to be harder for them to quickly identify unregistered cars.

Why should you be more concerned?

Well now it's going to be easier to get away with an unregistered car, meaning cars that can potentially hit your pride and joy, and wont be insured. People can more easily do a runner from an incident ecause the plates don't match the address to which the car really belongs, etc etc.

Once again a stupid move by RMS to just save more money.

How many registered cars in NSW/ACT? Factor a dollar to two dollars to prep and send each receipt. Yet we don't get a rego payment cut, and they sure as hell won't put more money into our roads either.

All ACT police now carry a Camera that process 6 cars a second.

No need for them to try see your rego sticker.

I agree though.

This excersise is more for revenue raising and redcuing human admin overhead !!

They are attempting to take pics of cars in the Club car parks so if they see you on the road in the next several hours they can pull you over.

It's being fought as an invasion of privacy by some but I expect the PC will let it pass...........

No longer will you actually have to be caught doing something wrong to be pulled over.

All ACT police now carry a Camera that process 6 cars a second.

this is happening in all states and the only reason they look at the sticker is so they can fine you for not having a current one

While police setup an RBT station they always look for those stickers, you may not notice it, but they do. Now it's going to be harder for them to quickly identify unregistered cars.

Why should you be more concerned?

Well now it's going to be easier to get away with an unregistered car, meaning cars that can potentially hit your pride and joy, and wont be insured. People can more easily do a runner from an incident ecause the plates don't match the address to which the car really belongs, etc etc.

The sticker doesnt mean the registration is current so I dont see how that is a major issue. And if someone is going to do a runner with stolen plates I wouldnt expect them to stop and hang around for you to check out their sticker and vin.

Hi Terry,

Our family has 3 cars registered in December and 2 in November.... Does this mean I can remove the stickers on 1.1.2013?

I thought I'd need to keep them on till next year?

Cheers,

Bob.

Yes Bob, NRMA (which has me on their mailing list) made this announcement last week.

They quoted RMS as saying that it's optional after 1/1/13 for NSW Rego stickers to be on or off and thus, existing stickers can be removed.

Matt and I both have December Rego stickers. They of course will only remain on the glass for a matter of days. :)