SAU Community

Fugly Rego Stickers Gone

GTR-N1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it been confirmed if the Police have the in car scanners that pick up on un regoed cars? or still manual input?

Also, Saw the new R1 police bikes in Parramatta not long ago, Was having a chat to the office, he was stoked about them. I would be too.

Has it been confirmed if the Police have the in car scanners that pick up on un regoed cars? or still manual input?

We have RAPID (Recognition and Analysis of Plates IDentified) cars here, not sure about you guys...

6047602253_5da90f53a6_z.jpg

5542035008_9733fdae96_z.jpg

A percentage of HWP have ANPR. Ths equates to a small portion of the fleet.

Also, Saw the new R1 police bikes in Parramatta not long ago, Was having a chat to the office, he was stoked about them. I would be too.

Yeah....sure...........................Was is parked next to the Police Skyline?

I see thi as a problem down the track as no rego mean no remainder to register, especially if someone has moved address. Less onus on the driver when stopped for driving an unregistered vehicle and more problems for people hit by unregistered vehicles.

So, no sticker means you can own 2 cars of the same make/model/colour and its easier to get away with swapping plates?

nice...

*runs to buy 2nd champaign 32 gtr*

Luke doesn't think it's 'stupid', Corinne.

I hate this idea! It's stupid

Maybe I will think it's stupid if I get rear-ended by a driver who's not carrying a licence and has false number plates > even after exchanging particulars, I'll still be asked by my insurance company to pay an excess as if I was at fault when I wasn't eh?

Luke doesn't think it's 'stupid', Corinne.

Yep well I used to do that anyways. Handy when we had 2 black R33's hahaha.. stupid RTA.

Maybe I will think it's stupid if I get rear-ended by a driver who's not carrying a licence and has false number plates > even after exchanging particulars, I'll still be asked by my insurance company to pay an excess as if I was at fault when I wasn't eh?

Yep, I can see this happening.

Also It's one thing that I'm look at when I'm near the car is to check the expiry date. always reminds me.

I've already seen problems with this scheme. At my partners work were its a secure government facility they sent an email out to all the workers there saying that there are several (interstate cars, mainly the ones that aren't doing the rego sticker scheme anymore) that are no longer in rego and they were requested to move the vehicles off the premises..

Yep...well done idiots..

• 4 weeks later...