SAU Community

Shoota's R33 GT-R RB30/26

Ok, I haven't posted for a while as I was having trouble embedding photos.

I've had some ups and downs of late.  I was nearly ready to bolt the k frame to the car when I discovered my sump adapter blocked the rear dipstick hole....

DSC_7778.jpg

So engine out, sump off and I drilled out the bush that blocks the front dipstick hole.  I made a little adapter to lock the dipstick in as it was a bit loose.

DSC_7777.jpg

So repeated the whole process again and finally bolted it back into the car-

DSC_7795.jpg

DSC_7806.jpg

DSC_7809.jpg

I ended up getting a clutch booster delete from Garage 101.  Very nice piece of billet aluminium that brings the clutch master back a fair way-

s-l1600.jpg

DSC_7726.jpg

DSC_7729.jpg

It's still EXTREMELY close to hitting my inlet but it should be ok!  If I decide to try to engineer it I might be in trouble though (10mm rule)-

DSC_7811.jpg

DSC_7813.jpg

So as of today I've mounted the ECU and run the wiring into the cabin, I'm now in the process of running the wiring through the engine bay and terminating it at the sensors/connectors.

In some ways I'm so close and yet I'm still so far away from completion!

• Like 2

Wiring-

DSC_7900_1.jpg

DSC_7901.jpg

DSC_7894.jpg

I bought myself an el cheapo Ching Long Lie AC/DC TIG welder so I can do some stainless and alloy wleding.  I've had a bit of a practice to start to get the hang of how it works.  It's a lot harder than MIG welding but I think I'll get the hang of it after a bit (ie a shitload!) more practice.  Just getting the hang of heat control at the moment-

DSC_7880_1.jpg

DSC_7887.jpg

DSC_7902.jpg

• Like 2

ECU-

DSC_7907.jpg

Now E don't CU-

DSC_7909.jpg

DSC_7908.jpg

"She's all factory ociffer......" cue drunken slur.

I decided to mount the ECU now and properly or it'll end up banging around on the floor for all time. Fits nicely behind the kick panel. To be honest I wasn't expecting it to!

Are you able to do me a favour and measure the length of the whole clutch master assembly? Trying to work out if it will work with my Plazmaman plenum and 30 block in a 34.

Appreciate it!

4 hours ago, reaper said:

Are you able to do me a favour and measure the length of the whole clutch master assembly? Trying to work out if it will work with my Plazmaman plenum and 30 block in a 34.

Appreciate it!

No probs Brett, I'll do it tonight and come back to you.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, reaper said:

I am sure it was! Really appreciate it though thank you very much.

Too easy.

Pretty much finished off wiring up the top of the engine last night-

DSC_7917.jpg

Just MAP sensor, cam and crank triggers to do from the top then the fiddly crap under the intake manifold is next.  Fitting the wideband oxy sensors to the front pipes will be fun too....  At least now having the TIG I can weld on the bungs myself once I get a bit more practice.

• Like 2

On 10 October 2016 at 11:38 PM, infamous_t said:

LOL looks like Danny @ 101 copied the booster delete @Sub Boy32 made for me when he installed it all those years ago. 

[Cough] Ripoff [Cough] 

However mine uses a different Nissan clutch master that fits better and has more room away from a large plenum like the Greddy one.

Edited by Sub Boy32
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sub Boy32 said:

[Cough] Ripoff [Cough] 

However mine uses a different Nissan clutch master that fits better and has more room away from a large plenum like the Greddy one.

Missed opportunity maybe?  You might have sold a few by now if it was a few years ago! 

1 hour ago, Coullsy said:

I laughed a little harder at this than i probably should of.

love the workshop

I'm glad at least one person got something out of it!

Yeah I'm pretty fortunate to have such a good shed and a great wife that doesn't ask "Where did that come from?" or "How much did that cost?" every time she comes in the shed!

Thankfully she doesn't visit too often.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

Missed opportunity maybe?  You might have sold a few by now if it was a few years ago! 

I'm glad at least one person got something out of it!

Yeah I'm pretty fortunate to have such a good shed and a great wife that doesn't ask "Where did that come from?" or "How much did that cost?" every time she comes in the shed!

Thankfully she doesn't visit too often.....

Not missed, sold about 30 of them all over the world......

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/154737-sub-boys-r32-gt-r-then-now-9.html

Edited by Sub Boy32

21 hours ago, Shoota_77 said:

I looked everywhere for one (apart from a UK Skyline site obviously!) but could only find the one I bought. Credit goes to you for the concept then, thanks for designing it!

Haha! No dramas

On 10/14/2016 at 7:51 PM, Sub Boy32 said:

Haha! No dramas

Are you still selling them? I'm trying to fit a Plazmaman plenum and 30 bottom end into my 34 gtr and I am worried the Garage 101 setup still won't clear...

Wiring is almost finished.  Just need to wire direct power to the ECU (using the wiring harness to connect directly to the battery as opposed to patching into the car.  Just reduces the likelihood of any issues and makes chasing power issues easier too) and wire in the AEM ignition module.  

Mounted the pressure reg and ethanol sensor and made up hoses to suit.  I'm also running a fuel pressure sensor as well so I can use that as a failsafe to cut power if I lose pressure for any reason-

http://DSC_7932.jpg

http://DSC_7934.jpg

http://DSC_7936.jpg

• Like 3