SAU Community

Shoota's R33 GT-R RB30/26

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:54 PM, Shoota_77 said:

Wiring-

DSC_7900_1.jpg

DSC_7901.jpg

DSC_7894.jpg

I bought myself an el cheapo Ching Long Lie AC/DC TIG welder so I can do some stainless and alloy wleding.  I've had a bit of a practice to start to get the hang of how it works.  It's a lot harder than MIG welding but I think I'll get the hang of it after a bit (ie a shitload!) more practice.  Just getting the hang of heat control at the moment-

DSC_7880_1.jpg

DSC_7887.jpg

DSC_7902.jpg

grab yourself a gas lense for your tig torch and the end result of these welds should be far cleaner...

Thanks @mr_rbman, I've got a full set of sizes ordered, just waiting for them to turn up.  I think a big part of it as well is I was running it too hot too which was bringing in more impurities.  Now that I've dropped back the amps a bit it seems better.  Still a lot of practice before I'm ready to weld up my exhaust!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

Thanks @mr_rbman, I've got a full set of sizes ordered, just waiting for them to turn up.  I think a big part of it as well is I was running it too hot too which was bringing in more impurities.  Now that I've dropped back the amps a bit it seems better.  Still a lot of practice before I'm ready to weld up my exhaust!

Just had a look at the wiring pics and had an instant headache :)

Look at it in person @Nismo 3.2ish then you'll know what a headache it really is!!  Nearly at the end of it now though.  I'll finish off the coil pack to CDI module wiring tonight then that will just leave the wideband oxy sensor wiring (once I've welded the bungs to the front pipes) and then thermo fans to do.  There will be a few other additional bits and pieces (additional fuel pump, water/meth kit, etc) but I can see light at the end of the wiring tunnel now!

I'm hoping to hit the key (not to start it just to get oil pressure up and check sensors and other ECU inputs to make sure they're all talking to each other) within the next 2-3 weeks.

32 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

Look at it in person @Nismo 3.2ish then you'll know what a headache it really is!!  Nearly at the end of it now though.  I'll finish off the coil pack to CDI module wiring tonight then that will just leave the wideband oxy sensor wiring (once I've welded the bungs to the front pipes) and then thermo fans to do.  There will be a few other additional bits and pieces (additional fuel pump, water/meth kit, etc) but I can see light at the end of the wiring tunnel now!

I'm hoping to hit the key (not to start it just to get oil pressure up and check sensors and other ECU inputs to make sure they're all talking to each other) within the next 2-3 weeks.

Some job mate, looking forward to see the outcome :cool:

Thanks mate.

Fuel system will be Nismo pump (which was all I was running on the previous setup) acting as a lift pump into an under car surge tank running twin 044's that will be staged so the secondary will only kick in at a certain range so it's not running 2 all the time.  The Haltech will be monitoring the fuel pressure and act as a failsafe if there's ever a drop in pressure (cut timing or spark).

I'm running through the normal supply pipe plus using the original return pipe as the secondary supply pipe.  I'm running braided AN6 hose as the new return.  Hopefully that doesn't cause any extra restriction but I'll see how it goes.

I'll be mainly running E85 but it will be setup as flex fuel so I've mounted the ethanol sensor in the return line.

Finished wiring up the coils to the CDI module, just need to get the right plug leads and then the ignition side of the engine is finally done!

DSC_8001.jpg

DSC_8002.jpg

I went and picked up all of the parts to build my exhaust yesterday. It will be twin 2.75" dumps/front pipes into single 4" all the way through. All up it came to $1300 (excluding dumps and front pipes) so it's going to be an expensive little exercise even with me making it (unless I realise at some point that I'm waaaay out of my depth and get someone else to make it!). It'll all be V Band clamps so provided my welds are ok it should look pretty nice. No mid muffler and rear muffler is a 4" straight through Magnaflow so hopefully it's quiet enough. In my town there are only about 5 Skylines that I know of so I really don't want to stand out from the crowd too much as there's nowhere to hide!

• Like 3

They mot quiet mufflers lol.. but sound tough though, my fabricator usually uses them on all his V8's and other exhuasts usually with mid mufflers though.  I'll have an idea in few days as my 2530 has 1 magnaflow and large hks muffler right toward the rear.. 

• Like 1

Started re-routing the passenger side wiring harness outside the engine bay to tidy it up a bit and also keep the wiring away from the hot side of the engine.  I've had to lengthen a few of the wires but most of them are long enough already.  It will be all neatly mounted along the upper panel-

DSC_8011.jpg

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:56 PM, Shoota_77 said:

I'll finish off the coil pack to CDI module wiring tonight then that will just leave the wideband oxy sensor wiring (once I've welded the bungs to the front pipes) and then thermo fans to do.  

When you do get around to mounting the widebands, have a quick read of where it is recommended to fit them.
I'm sure they'll perform fine no matter where you put them, but longevity is probably the aim behind this (compared to being mounted immediately behind the turbo).

WBC1.jpg

Cheers for the heads up!

The easiest way to do it would have been to use the normal sensor position but unfortunately that's a no no!  Finding the space to put them both is going to be the tricky bit. I'd say they'll be a bit less than 1 metre so hopefully it works out ok.  Someone needs to come up with 90 degree O2 sensors! (If they don't already that is). It's a bit of a surprise they don't seem to have got much more compact over the years.

Thanks again.

4 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

mount it before the cat pointing toward the gearbox

I'm running the twin wideband kit so I've got two to try and fit down there somewhere within the primary pipes before they split into 2.

3 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

ahhh gotcha, well I have a solution for that problem.. go single LOL

just kidding :)

All in good time.....

Whatever power it makes will be approximately 4.7 times my driving ability so it should do the job for now!

I will do it but I'm desperately fighting the urge.

Hopefully I'll win the mental battle and get big brakes or a 6 speed before I chase more power.  I don't like my chances though. Unfortunately being in sales I get pretty sizeable quarterly bonuses that generally get evaporated on car parts VERY quickly. I know that a big single kit will come out of part of one of those bonuses at some point.....