SAU Community

Shoota's R33 GT-R RB30/26

Sounds good!  Glad to hear you're happy with yours.

I liked the design of the Sinco over the 6Boost the way they run full split wastegates (one pipe off each half of the manifold then merging into one and even once merged it's still split all the way to the wastegate valve face.  Shouldn't lose any of the split pulse benefits that way.

I have zero doubt that the 6Boost would still do an amazing job but decided to go this way for something a bit different!

22 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

I liked the design of the Sinco over the 6Boost the way they run full split wastegates (one pipe off each half of the manifold then merging into one and even once merged it's still split all the way to the wastegate valve face.  Shouldn't lose any of the split pulse benefits that way.

Same reason why I went with Sinco, because it's a true twin scroll manifold not like the 6Boost ones or similar.

So much Sinco love ??? ha ha!

The flanges are super solid,  5 year no crack warranty,  can't go wrong!

I must say I do rate you sheep shaggers as great fabricators! Rob from Racefab in NZ made my extended sump which is also a great piece of workmanship. 

Some very talented and alternate thinking guys there. 

While I'm throwing out the compliments  it's a bloody beautiful country. If anyone reading this (all 3 of you ??) hasn't been then get your arse over there, it's stunning at every angle. Queenstown is one of my favourite parts of the world. 

Right, enough love, time for an NZ joke to square things up...

• Like 1

Been to NZ twice already, great place - but one mofo who walked past us at Ferg Burger and made a snide remark "Oh looks like China is here" (I'm Asian but born here), so I stood up and and said asked politely "what the f did you just say?" and walked towards him. His mates were smart and dragged him away.

Other than that, pretty good experiences both times.

1 hour ago, Shoota_77 said:

If anyone reading this (all 3 of you ??) hasn't been then get your arse over there, it's stunning at every angle.

A few of your regular readers are kiwis...

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

"Oh looks like China is here"

There are dickheads in every country and NZ is no exception

Hell yeah, I love it! 

I told the missus I was going to hang it on the wall in the living room for a few months as a work of art.

Strangely enough she wasn't convinced. 

My 6 year old daughter told me "that's not art daddy, that's ugly"!  Ha ha, bloody kids!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shoota_77 said:

Ooooooo mummy....

Just mocking it all up for now to work out how much of a nightmare the exhaust is going to be....

20191009_213013.jpg

... annnnd I'm done :o

Turbo, manifold and block are probably similar enough to this to get some ideas: 

I read that post @Lithium but I didn't realise he was running Sinco too. Should be quite similar in design. I probably wasn't going to go that far back to bring the waste gate pipe back into the exhaust. Is there a preferable distance back from the turbo that works any better? I was probably thinking of bringing it back in at the bottom bend something like this-

20140713_190737.jpg

3 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

I read that post @Lithium but I didn't realise he was running Sinco too. Should be quite similar in design. I probably wasn't going to go that far back to bring the waste gate pipe back into the exhaust. Is there a preferable distance back from the turbo that works any better? I was probably thinking of bringing it back in at the bottom bend something like this

Yeah, definitely Sinco and I'd say the same design - just for an RB25 NVCS head instead, and different coating.  Works really well.

In all honestly without having hard data etc I won't stamp my foot down with any strong opinion on the merge location, with gas flow where possible I like the idea of not stacking up too many "events" which can cause turbulence at one point as that can increase drag and slow down flow - both a bend and also a merge are sources of turbulence, so I guess at that bend there could be quite a bit happening compared to if the gases just have to take a bend then have a merge after the  fact but really I have no idea if or what the significance of that is... or if there are other things which could compromise spreading it out like how the sedan has it.

For what it's worth, the sedan is running a .4bar spring and experiences slight boost creep after a decent pull on wastegate boost - reaching maybe 8-9psi at full rpm if given enough time to, but it can hold 10psi dead flat.   The setup certainly flows well, though.

Looks great but i think I'll be plumbing it back in as soon as possible while still following the basic principal of coming back in on a nice angle as opposed to at 90 degrees.

For some reason I read my very first page of this build page and below is one comment that stood out.

It's good that I know myself!  That was almost 7 years ago (December 2012) I wrote that.  I must have had crystal ball!!!  Either that or I'm just shit at finishing things off....

Way back.JPG

• Like 1

Hey mate, cheers for that.  Your mate did a good job!  I'm an absolute TIG noob so will take me ages to do what probably took him not long at all!  There will be a lot of measuring, cutting and grinding and it still won't end up looking as good as yours!!

Doesn't matter, as long as it works and doesn't look like cocky shit I'll be happy enough!

Enjoy driving your beast, hopefully not too far away till I get to do the same with mine.

• Like 1