• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

Now knowing that it worked I am happy to take credit for the drill bit suggestion. It definitely makes it look a whole lot crazier, so that has to count for somthing also!

• Haha 1

You can have a little bit of the credit! Not too much though....  

• Like 1

The second gearbox is fully stripped and the counter and main shafts have been robbed out of it. The second box is a lot older but the shafts look to be basically identical so hopefully no dramas there. 

Everything is cleaned up, wrapped in packing paper and sent off to Neat Gearboxes in Adelaide for surface treatment and then reassembly. I'm actually going to get them to reassemble the gears and shafts back into the centre plate just to make sure its done right. Can't believe I'll be paying someone to do something....

God dam there is some weight in just the gearbox parts BTW! All up the inner workings of the gearbox (so just the centre plate, no housings and no transfer case) weighed in at 36kgs if anyone ever needed to know! I ended up buying a tough storage box from Bunnings as the arse would have fallen out of a cardboard box. That wouldn't be great half way between here and Adelaide...

Hopefully they'll only be a few weeks with it so I can get it back, slap the housings back on and transfer case back on and in she goes!

My diff guy is still laying low so I'll find out what he's up to so I can have the sump back on and engine all back together ready to bolt the tranny back on straight away. Nothing worse than a loose tranny....

Still need to weld a fitting into the manifold for the pressure sensor to be able to measure Emaps.

At this rate it might be nearly back to driveable by Christmas. Only 12 months later than the last time it was nearly ready.  Surely not.....

20200908_174012.jpg

20200909_114825.jpg

• Like 2